The successful person will join our team of experienced and respected sustainability professionals, specialising in sustainability assessment and management of infrastructure and buildings projects and programmes. Our current project portfolio includes sustainability assessment and management roles for high profile projects and programmes across a range of sectors including rail, airports, flood management and power generation.
The successful person will be able to demonstrate capability, knowledge and experience in effective assessment of sustainability for construction projects. They will also have excellent communication skills and the ability to accurately and efficiently assess project documents against BREEAM, CEEQUAL or LEED standards.
Responsibilities will include:
• Working as part of the Jacobs international project team to deliver certification advice and assessment services.
• Preparing BREEAM/CEEQUAL/LEED pre-assessments, strategies, specifications, and reports.
• Assessment of evidence to BREEAM/CEEQUAL/LEED standards.
• Preparing and delivering sustainability review and assurance meetings with clients, design teams and construction teams (remotely, but could include travel abroad).
• University-level degree in a relevant subject (e.g. Sustainability, Environmental Management, Geography, Engineering, Architecture, etc.).
• Good English skills (spoken, comprehension and written).
• Excellent literacy, communication, analytical and numeracy skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Attention to detail and ability to accurately and efficiently assess project plans, designs and specifications against BREEAM, CEEQUAL or LEED assessment criteria.
• Ability to prepare detailed sustainable design and construction specification documents based on BREEAM, CEEQUAL or LEED assessment criteria.
• Knowledge of the benefits, costs and technical content of recognised 3rd party certified sustainable design and construction rating schemes such as BREEAM, CEEQUAL or LEED.
• Awareness of commercial issues relevant to the delivery of sustainability certification and assessment.
• Willingness to support wider business needs as required.
• Proven ability to work as part of a team, liaising directly with clients, colleagues and other project team members.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Willingness to travel to project meetings, site inspections etc. as appropriate (could include travel abroad).
• Knowledge of effective and efficient practices for monitoring and managing the sustainability performance of contractors against detailed requirements in a construction environment.
• Experience and demonstrated ability to manage delivery of sustainability objectives and requirements on large construction projects or programmes.
• Current qualification/ accreditation in at least one of the following:
o Licenced BREEAM New Construction Assessor (UK or International).
o Qualified CEEQUAL v6 Assessor (Projects).
o LEED AP (BD C).
o Other recognised sustainability rating and certification schemes.
o BREEAM Accredited Professional (BREEAM AP)
• Experience of carbon assessment or Lifecycle Assessment (LCA) of built environment projects.