At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40 countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent. In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
About the Opportunity
Jacobs are recruiting for Cost Engineers to Join our EDF framework delivery team. The Generation Services business team supports our key client EDF Nuclear Generation with regards their nuclear fleet in the UK. This is a key role within our Project Management Resource team which is spread across our UK network at all UK sites and stations. You will be part of a large client lead team at EDF’s Heysham location and this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio with a focus on nuclear defueling and nuclear decommissioning.
- Cost Engineers are accountable to the client Project Controls Group Head, PPM and/or Operations Manager and are responsible for providing cost management support to the EDF Nuclear Generation work portfolio and will monitor, control and forecast the costs during the Project lifecycle. This role has no direct reports.
- The role will be based at Heysham Power Station and will require from time to time, business travel to UK sites/stations. Flexible working arrangements between office and home are possible. In this role you will report to the Jacobs Operations Manager, but be accountable for project delivery directly to the client.
- Everyone working in our team will have a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
- Strong communication and organisational skills are a must with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focused tempered with a team-centred approach.
- Minimum of HNC/HND ideally in a cost related discipline or relevant experience and MACostE is desirable.
- Breadth of experience across whole project and programme lifecycle. (e.g. Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation/Commissioning processes).
- Good working knowledge of financial systems.
- Understand the inter-relationship between time cost and commercial aspects of the project life cycle.
- Working knowledge of latest version of Primavera.
- Experienced in the use of SAP Finance and Project modules.
- The ability to reconcile cost information as it applies to the programmes of work.
- Proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools.
- Proficient in the use of Earned Value Analysis.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of management and can produce monthly reports, to an agreed reporting cycle, through the provision of intelligent information and analysis.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. [ Link removed ]
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – 2.1062705.1096
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit [ Link removed ] to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role. If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please [ Link removed ] .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then [ Link removed ]
- Earned Value Management
- Financial Systems
- Flexible Working