LevelTen Energy is the leading provider of transaction infrastructure for the renewable energy economy. Our platform delivers buyers, sellers, advisors, and financiers the automation software, data management, and standardized contracts needed to facilitate faster, safer renewable energy transactions. LevelTen’s marketplace of renewable energy power purchase agreements is the world’s largest, with more than 3,800 Transaction-Ready Pricing™ offers spanning 21 countries in North America and Europe. LevelTen’s CFO-Ready Analytics™ automatically calculate more than a billion data points every day, providing our partners with leading-edge, real-time risk and value insights at modern market scale. Together, LevelTen and our partners share #OneGoal to accelerate the clean energy transition. Visit us at LevelTenEnergy.com to learn more.
The Manager is responsible for helping buyers (both direct clients & buyers transacting via LevelTen Accelerate™ partnerships to secure the best renewable energy PPA transactions utilizing LevelTen’s Energy Marketplace, RFP Automation and related Platform services. The Manager reports to the Director of Transactions and collaborates with LevelTen professionals across the company to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
Direct Client Engagement – Support direct clients in their pursuit of successful renewable energy transactions. The Manager will provide support to the Director in managing key accounts, and will serve as the primary point of contact for a range of other direct client accounts. The Manager’s responsibilities will include: identifying key stakeholders; addressing client inquiries, delivering professional services; resolving issues and communicating with the client; and guiding client stakeholders through the renewable energy procurement process.
Partner Support – As direct buyers’ and Accelerate™ partners’ primary daily point of contact for active procurements, the Manager is responsible for: onboarding partners to the LevelTen Platform; managing requests, resolving issues, and communicating with partners regarding active procurements; providing partners support as their clients navigate the renewable energy procurement process; and completing partner quarterly business reviews, among other tasks. The Manager will engage with multiple buyers and/or partners with different levels of energy PPA expertise.
Subject Matter Expertise – Advise buyers and partners on procurement strategy and assist clients in securing the best available renewable energy transaction(s). The Manager will be knowledgeable of energy market conditions in North America or Europe, corporate renewable energy procurement, and renewable energy development/financing fundamentals.
Transaction Support – Provide high-level contract negotiation guidance from Term Sheet negotiation to PPA. The Manager will be familiar with the LevelTen form Term Sheet and PPA and be able to discuss high-level commercial tradeoffs surrounding key terms.
Cross-Department Collaboration – Collaborate with professionals in other LevelTen Departments to ensure partners are served professionally, efficiently and timely.
- Collaborate closely with Sales to support new partner engagement, opportunities for new SOWs for existing partners and referral opportunities.
- Work with Engineering, Product, and Analytics leadership to deliver results on behalf of the partner, including new product innovation ideas.
- Partner with Developer Services to understand project-specific and counter-party details when making recommendations to partner.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team on partner collateral needs and public relations materials.
Process Development – Commit to continuous improvement best practices and identify Energy Marketplace product innovations to facilitate more streamlined PPA transactions for partner(s).
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-5 years of renewable energy and/or sustainability advisory experience (ideally including experience working with corporate purchasers of renewable energy)
- Familiarity with corporate sustainability goals and power purchase agreements
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent project management, organization, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage the work of colleagues across internal teams who do not report to you
- Strong self-motivation
- Demonstrated integrity and professionalism
Benefits / Perks
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental coverage
- 10 paid company holidays
- Flexible vacation policy
- An ideal location in Fremont, outside of the downtown Seattle chaos, with a deck overlooking Lake Union
- Casual dress code
- Onsite bike lockers/storage, gym and showers
- Standing desk options
- Monthly company-sponsored happy hours
This full-time position is based in LevelTen Energy’s Seattle office. Alternate work locations will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Salary and incentives commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LevelTen Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Attention To Detail
- Project Management