Job Title : SR. SAFETY OFFICER (DRILLING)
Reference Code : OG-7002481
Drilling and completions.
Primary purpose of job
The Sr. Safety Officer Drilling HSE supports company’s efforts, in relation to HSE Department goals, to develop, prepare, maintain and deliver “fit for purpose” UD and Contractor HSE compliance programs. The candidate will provide professional HSE guidance in areas of policy & procedure development, audits, risk assessments, process safety, Drilling and well services equipment, UD HSEMS and contractor HSE programs
Provide Leadership and direction to HSE Operations Advisors within the field and ensure a consistent approach towards achieving the QP HSE Goals.
1. Doha Office based position supported by field visits (UD Offshore rigs, marine vessels and Ras Laffan workshops/plant).
2. Assisting the Drilling Management in the development and delivery of best in class Drilling HSE Management Processes.
3. Ensure the timely identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and development of effective tools to manage and reduce these risks to ALARP.
4. Assist Drilling and Completions department and contractor teams to deliver an exemplary HSE performance.
5. Demonstrate good safety leadership and behaviours, ensuring that the company safety expectations are communicated and maintained.
6. Foster a safe culture by being informed, mindful, learning, fair and respectful.
7. Be aware of all platform and jacket major Safety risks and ongoing operational risks and countersign any associated with safety impact.
8. Liaising with UD and Contractors teams (Operations and HSE) to improve implementation of HSE programs.
9. Investigate incidents and implement learnings throughout the drilling operations team.
10. Carry out safety audits and inspections to UD offshore and Ras Laffan operations.
11. Participate in Incident investigations , follow up and monitor incidents close out at SAP.
12. Attend HSE and technical training as deemed necessary by the company.
13. Providing input to leading and lagging drilling HSE performance measures.
14. Participating in Drilling Safety Audits & Reviews.
15. Liaising with UD and Contractors teams (operations and HSE) to improve implementation of HSE programs.
16. Conduct HSE Awareness training sessions and review contractor drills to maintain and increase QatarEnergy staff and contractor competency.
17. Review and add HSE requirements in tenders/contracts, evaluate bidders submissions and monitor the implementation status of the HSE plan /programs during every phase of the contract.
18. Develop and review HSE procedures, standards, policies & guidelines.
19. Assist in the implementation of Workplace Environment and Industrial Hygiene Management program.
20. Monitor the department’s and contractors HSE performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
Experience & Skills
1. Min 12 years’ experience in years in drilling/workover operations within the oil and gas industry with at least 2 years rig site experience and 5 years in a supervisory role.
2. In depth knowledge and experience of latest HSE & BCM International Standards, Codes and Regulations such as IMO, SOLAS, MODU Code, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 & ISO 22301:2012)
3. Must be able to demonstrate a thorough working knowledge and experience of health and safety management systems as well as a sound understanding of Process Safety and HSE auditing. Having worked as HSE leader in Drilling contractor or service company will be an advantage.
4. Should be certified and demonstrate good capabilities to run the Incident investigation/Root causes analysis tools/software such as TRIPOD Beta, Topset, Tap root, etc. Should have good knowledge and experience with Risk Management tool (Bow Tie)
5. Should have a good presentation skills to conduct basic HSE Awareness training sessions.
1. A Bachelor Degree degree/certificate in Health & Safety or demonstrated industry relevant experience.
2.Should be able to communicate effectively at all levels, from rig crew workers to senior management.
- Assembly And Installation
- Contract Management
- Iso 14000 Standard
- Iso 9000