You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN
- Take personal responsibility for safety and adhere to Petrofac’s ‘Eight Golden Rules’.
- ‘Live’ our Petrofac Values and apply them in day-to-day work.
- Daily checks of all offshore measurement stations and analysis of alarms and events.
- Routine maintenance and certification of all technical, allocation, environmental, process analysers and custody transfer metering systems and test equipment.
- Ensuring that all measurement and test equipment is in good working order and fit for purpose and any defects reported.
- Non-routine maintenance of all technical, environmental, allocation, process analysers and Custody Transfer measurement system equipment including breakdown support.
- Execution of work as per the plan generated by the onshore support engineer, and the generation of permits and isolation certification for controlled and safe working.
- Handling and preparation of any key meters, analytical equipment and or secondary instrumentation for return to calibration laboratories for testing, verification and or calibration.
- Reporting and liaison with the client Production Supervisor, Maintenance supervisor and onboard client representative.
- Involved in the planning and execution of shutdown Metering scopes as and when required.
- FAT and SAT attendance as and when required.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Proven track record in operating and maintaining offshore measurement systems with SVQ.
- or HNC / HND and able to demonstrate significant experience in flow measurement.
- Good working knowledge of relevant pipeline requirements and awareness of AGA and ISO codes of practice.
- Offshore survival.
- Capable of carrying out verification, calibration & maintenance of oil and gas fiscal and allocation metering systems, sampling systems & prover systems.
- Capable of fault finding and carrying out repairs on faulty equipment and systems to ensure minimal down time.
- Capable of following operating and maintenance procedures or supervising their implementation to the highest standards.
- Able to monitor and control meter system performance and make technically sound recommendations to offshore and onshore personnel.
- High level of numeracy and IT skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate.
- Team player.
- Currently working offshore as a dedicated metering technician.
- A proven track record of operating and maintaining oil, gas and environmental flow measurement systems and a good working knowledge of their principles of operation.
- Experienced in the review of SOR’s, FDS and project specifications for metering system equipment and instrumentation requiring offshore user input.
- Familiar with relevant practices and procedures for the management of supply chains for test equipment and measurement devices.
- Flexible Working
- Flow Measurement
- Interpersonal Skills
Job ID: 074515