Installs, services, and repairs environmental-control systems in residences, office buildings and other commercial/industrial settings, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting, and structural layout. Strong computer skills required for troubleshooting and correcting digital control softward. Mounts compressor, condenser units and chiller units on platform or floor, using rigging, power and hand tools, following blueprints, or engineering specifications. Fabricates, assembles, and installs ductwork and chasses parts, using protabel metalworking tools. Cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools. Cuts and threads pipe, using machine-threadingor hand-threading equipment. Joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings, or unions, solder and brazed joints, using torch. Installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit. Electrically connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humitity controls and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source. Installs air and water filters in completed installation. Injects small amount of N2 into compressor to test systems and adds refrigerant gas and/or glycol to build up prescribed operating pressure. Observes pressure and vacuum, gauges, and adjusts controls to ensure proper operation. Tests joints and connects for gas leaks, using gauges or soap and water solution. Wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands. Replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches and fuses, and electrical wiring to repair equipment. May install, repair, and service air conditioners, ranging from 5 - 200 tons cooling capacity in warehouses and small factory buildings. Performs other duties as assigned.
Strongly Preferred: Metasys, Telatrole, or Niagra Building Automation experience
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Must have at least one of the following
- Graduate of an accredited technical school's diploma program in HVAC/R or
- Three (3) years verifiable commercial work experience as a journey level HVAC/R mechanic or county, state, or city HVAC/R license
- Must possess a valid state driver's license
- Must possess CFC Refrigerant Universal Class A
- Strong computer skills required for troubleshooting and correcting digital control software.
- Must be knowledgable in the use of specialized tools used to perform necessary corrective and preventive maintenance and repairs
- Must possess the standard tools of the trade
- Must have and wear hard-toed safety shoes which meet ASTM F2413-05 standards
- Successful candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must continually meet eligibility requirements for access to all areas of Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay
Climbing: Up to 24 feet
Lifting: Up to 50 lbs
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- Construction Toolkits
- Control Systems
- Electrical Switchgear
- Preventive Maintenance