Do you have a deep passion for innovation, sustainable design and environmental responsibility? We do! If you’re looking for a company where passion and career align, we want to hear from you.
Elementa Consulting are a multi award-winning team of engineers, environmental designers, and sustainability consultants.
Our goal is to work towards a regenerative future in which all projects make a positive contribution to the health of the communities that they serve and the planet as a whole. We are clear in our mission – to make our impact through delivering high-performance sustainable design and developments.
Our operations are governed by three principles; trust, nurture and inspire, with our global mission being summarised by four goals: imagine, perform, accelerate, and sustain.
Over recent years, Elementa Consulting have led the push to a zero carbon future – whether through the initiating the London Energy Transformation Initiative (LETI) or the recent publication of CIBSE TM65 Embodied carbon of building service equipment that we authored, Elementa have always been looking to drive change in the industry.
To continue our drive to deliver change, we are looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To manage the whole project consultancy process day to day (rather than strategically) by knowing and performing the company’s duties via the ACE Agreement and Company standards. Represent the company on projects with only periodic quality review by Associates or Directors. Work to enhance the reputation of Elementa Consulting for delivering Building Services Excellence.
• Carry-out Project/Team Specific activities as defined from time to time by Supervisor.
• Manage projects to achieve Client satisfaction and profitability targets
• Work within Team environment and be able to instruct technicians and support staff in their work as it relates to the projects under the Senior Engineer’s control.
• Control own and staff activities to meet Company financial / time targets.
• Advise other Construction Team Professionals on their own activities related to Building Services.
• Understand and be able to deliver net zero carbon and energy designs.
• Design and detail straightforward engineering systems.
• Illustrate concepts and prepare written reports.
• Prepare detailed design drawings in sketch form suitable for presenting concepts to Clients and other Design Professionals.
• Adequately communicate their thoughts and ideas to other staff, professionals and clients in verbal and written form.
• Prepare complete packages of tender information.
• Monitor and report on the quality and progress of work on site.
• Prepare budget costs and produce designs to meet agreed budget.
• Manage and value variations to the contract.
• Act professionally with all parties on the clients work so as to develop the company’s reputation.
• Achieve continued professional development in areas relevant to the achievement of personal objectives and as a contribution to those of the company.
• Contribute to the development of the company so as to enhance its reputation.
• Identify new work opportunities with Client and other professionals
• Manage Works with fee value of £100,000 per annum using office resources
• Total Client satisfaction with service delivered
• Timely delivery of work to Company quality and profit requirements
• Technical review reports prior to internal review
• Expand work related knowledge
• Study to meet CPD objectives
• Effective Team member, i.e. works well with others
• Technically competent
• Construction Process Aware
• Good Communicator
Trust. Nurture. Inspire. We are agents of change.
Our vision is to be the leading global deep green engineering practice.
We believe that net zero energy buildings and living buildings need to become the norm within a generation.
Our passion for sustainable design runs deep.
For us, sustainability is second nature and our design approach continues to be a reflection of our commitment to creating a better future for generations to come.
Our team’s experience and training put them at the forefront of sustainable design practices and technologies. We are focused on making a difference in the world – and being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive remuneration package depending on the experience of the candidate, excellent tailored benefits, an Award Winning Training and Development Scheme, and an upbeat work environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. You will need to be eligible to work permanently in the UK.