Job Description Summary
Project Management/ Planning/ Coordinating activities typically in the context of a production or services project to fulfill a customer order or need according to financial/commercial parameters and ensuring customer satisfaction. Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
The Senior RCA Leader will facilitate root cause identification, corrective action development and coordinate the implementation of systematic improvements for the most prevalent issues across the Wind Fleet. The RCA Leader will achieve this by coordinating with different functions such as Engineering, Sourcing, Parts, Services, Warranty and Quality, and by using key root cause principles and disciplines such as Lean, 8D, Shainin and Six Sigma. The RCA Leader will maintain clear & consistent communications for ongoing issues, RCA metrics, QMS compliance and contributing to cost avoidance and cost of quality reduction.
Additionally, the RCA Leader will partner with emerging issues teams to facilitate faster issue resolution and ensuring that, once immediate actions are taken, and corrective actions developed, capture, prevent recurrence, and continuously learn, from our quality issues; this will be inclusive of partnering with all upstream organizations to prevent recurrence of customer issues.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional teams to drive root cause analysis to achieve timely and robust issue resolution
- Develop effective relationships with the Engineering, Services, Sourcing, Parts and Quality teams along with other resources in Customer Solutions to foster the best solutions to our fleet problems.
- Identify when corrective actions can drive opportunities for incremental orders for our business
- Assist in driving cross-team initiatives and mentoring of junior FRO team members
- Manage the cost of quality for our business as it relates to implementing solutions for field quality issues
- Support commercial and technical discussions with our suppliers to achieve field quality issue resolution
- Manage clear and consistent communications for internal and external Customers
- Perform other duties as required / requested by the manager
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years of prior relevant work experience
- Minimum 3 years of project/program management experience
- Proven RCA discipline experience and project closure
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% of the time
- Root Cause Analysis Training or Certification (8-D, Apollo, Shainin or similar)
- Statistically literate and familiar with quality concepts and tools (Six-sigma BB, Lean, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to meet objectives by influencing and engaging others globally
- Strong problem solving and project management skills
- Product reliability mindset
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and lead virtual, global, remote teams
- Strong field and customer mind-set
- Self-starter, with personal ownership
- Positive, resourceful, clear thinking problem solver
- Ability to understand business processes, issues, and concerns and translate into solutions
- Minimum of 5 years of Wind experience
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Business Administration from an accredited college or university
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an [ Link removed ] [ Link removed ] Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
Coaching And Mentoring