Avomeen, proud to be a part of Element has an opportunity for an Analytical Scientist/Bioanalytics to join our rapidly growing Life Sciences group.Element’s Life Sciences group supports developers and manufacturers in the antimicrobial, food and nutraceutical, medical device, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. We provide personalized testing solutions and regulatory consulting support to validate the safety and efficacy of our clients’ products at every stage of development, production and market release.
Skills / Qualifications
- Perform analytical techniques such as HPLC (SEC, RP, AIEX, CIEX), LC-MS, UV-Vis, Enzymatic Assays, BCA, Bradford, ELISA, Western Blots, SDS-PAGE, cIEF, CE-SDS
- Perform cell culture techniques such as maintenance, proliferation assays, viability assays, cellular potency assays, replication-competent assays, viral transductions, transfections, MOI
- Follow all safety requirements including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment
- Generate supporting laboratory documentation
Ensure compliance with government rules and regulations (FDA, cGMP, DEA, ICH, OSHA, etc.)
- Implement new equipment and processes independently, capable of conducting appropriate qualification and validation activities
- Experience working with Adeno-associated virus (AAV), lentivirus, and/or proteins
- Must have HPLC and cell culture experience
- BS or Ph.D. education, with focus on molecular biology, biochemistry, virology or cell biology and experience with QC method validation
- Experience with cellular potency methodologies including cellular uptake assays, viral transduction assays
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and tissue culture, including biopsy tissue handling and extraction
- Experience working with proteins and nucleic acids as well as capillary electrophoresis
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Biology
- Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (Elisa)
- Cell Cultures
- Product Quality Assurance