We are more than just one of the largest energy companies in the world. ExxonMobil is a place where we believe people should think independently, take initiative, grow to their full potential and help shape the future of energy. Diversity drives innovation and we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive, regardless of their background. The safety and wellbeing of our employees is at the heart of everything we do.
For our European Technology Center in Brussels (Machelen), we are looking for lab technicians. This position provides technical laboratory support to the Customer and Application development teams of different polymer related business units by conducting physical and mechanical product sample testing, analysis, consultation and other related services.
We are looking for
Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, production technology, materials science, chemical engineering or equivalent
Your job role responsibilities
For this role we are looking for candidates with :
- Perform work in full compliance with all safety, environmental and health regulations and procedures.
- Organizing incoming requests efficiently and able to work independently after the required training period
- Test samples, collect data, record and document results as per evaluation procedures. This includes prompt communication with requestors on job status.
- Trustworthy reporting is a must; understands the importance of details and flawless execution of the test. High quality awareness.
- Ensure compliance to internal and international standards (ASTM and ISO).
- Statistically analyze Quality Test Procedures.
- Perform scheduled calibration and preventive maintenance on test equipment, with complete documentation.
- Should be flexible to work in different polymer characterization laboratories as situation demands.
- Need to interact with different groups and levels in the organization and need to implement all “license to operate” requirements.
- Takes ownership of the related processing area and proposes improvement ideas to increase safety and efficiency in the area and on the equipment.
This awaits you…
- High safety and quality awareness
- Technical / mechanical knowledge, combined with chemical interest.( knowledge of polymer combined with chemical back ground are an advantage)
- A reasonable standard of English is required (company documentation is mainly written in English and this is also the lingua franca of the company).
- Working accurately, good observation and reporting / communication skills
- Team player and good communicator
- Flexible as priority changes can happen
- Eager to learn and willing to support other processing units
- Takes initiative and follows the procedures
- A wide range of benefits including competitive pay, team mates who support and inspire you, the flexibility to explore multiple challenges and roles in an international setting. Your development never stops.
- Successful candidates qualify for a SBO (Startbaanovereenkomst) of 1 year with contract extension possible.
Interested to join us? Then apply now!
- Team Working
- Self Motivation