Requisition ID: 116482
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Information Technology
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
As an Integration Developer, you will play an important role in Kiewit Technology Groups’ ongoing digital transformation. You will join a newly formed Integration Services team responsible for building a critically important, modern integration platform and for leading the modernization of integration practices across the company.
The Integration Developer will be responsible for working with development and product teams to design and implement new integrations in Kiewit’s new integration platform that follow best practices and align with our integration strategy. They will also work to reduce our existing integration technical debt by migrating existing integrations to our new platform.
At Kiewit, the scale of our operations is huge. Our construction and engineering projects span across the United States, Canada and Mexico, improving and connecting communities with every initiative. We depend on our high-performing operations support professionals — they’re the glue that holds multiple areas of the business together and the catalysts that make things happen. We hire only the most driven people and we offer them diverse career opportunities, strong leadership and mentorship, rewarding, collaborative work, and responsibility they won’t find just anywhere. We’re always pushing new limits. You can too.
Kiewit Technology Group’s (KTG) mission is to deliver project schedule and cost certainty by employing technology designed by and for the construction industry. Our team deploys apps to the field that increase profitability by maximizing the way we use our people and resources in daily operations. KTG uses the Kiewit Management System (KMS), which includes systems and tools that manage every part of Kiewit’s business and lifecycle of a project, to improve planning and day-to-day execution in the field by giving our people real-time data to make faster, smarter decisions. Every day our employees make an impact the efficiency of the iconic projects Kiewit builds and you can too.
This position is based out of our Kiewit Business Center at 12720 I Street. This is a shared service center in a professional office setting.
• Design and implement integration flows using the Dell Boomi and/or SAP CPI platforms.
• Extract data from cloud-based systems using REST/SOAP and various other technologies.
• Identify and document data transformation and application integration requirements, technical metadata design pattern standards, procedures, and monitoring.
• Work with other developers, Architects, Product Owners and Data Center Operations on the design and implementation of new integrations ensuring that they are built to our latest standards.
• Participate in Design and Code review sessions to ensure optimal bug free code is deployed to production.
• Document and communicate complex concepts effectively to a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Understands and identifies system dependencies. Understands functionality, integration points and impacts of proposed changes to supporting applications. Follows through with options and recommendations.
• Play an integral part of a delivery team comprising of product owners, project managers/scrum masters, Quality Assurance and Business Analysts.
• Release Management and automated deployment of integration flows.
• Monitor and support production Integrations and remediate as necessary in a timely fashion.
• Stay current with cloud and integration technology and trends and optimize our integration platform for Kiewit’s evolving needs.
• Provide oversight and governance of the Kiewit Integration Platform.
• Mentor junior technology team members in best practices, technical options, and expediting technical solutions.
• 5+ years of experience designing, building and maintaining integration flows built in Enterprise iPaaS platforms, preferably Dell Boomi and/or SAP CPI.
• 2+ years of developing/consuming Rest and SOAP API’s.
• B.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics or MIS
• Experience with pub/sub, streaming, messaging patterns and common broker/service bus technology patterns.
• Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps principles and techniques.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of software development, integration and design standards and methodologies.
• Knowledge of EDI Transactions preferred.
• Familiarity with Agile development principles
• Proven ability to develop great relationships with co-workers, credibility with leadership, and rapport for getting things done with stakeholders.
• Experience selecting technology solutions that meet requirements, are cost-conscious, and align with Kiewit's technology goals and roadmap.
• Ability to set technical direction for a project or application.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience with SQL and relational database background a plus.
• Experience with SAP CPI platforms preferred
• Boomi or SAP CPI certifications preferred
• Azure certification preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Agile Software Development