Requisition ID: 112439
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
Are you looking to continue with a career as an OCS Superintendent and work for an industry leader? The Overhead Contact System ( OCS ) Superintendents’ responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: Supervise the OCS operations on construction projects. Perform daily inspections of work performed and solve problems that arise. Establish budget based guidelines for operations and ensure that cost control measures are being followed. Provide job safety training and awareness for all personnel. Establish quality standards of all jobs and ensure that all quality assurance and company standards are being met. Develop and manage job schedules (e.g. daily, three-week, 90-day, equipment), coordinate with contractors and deliveries with suppliers and ensure material receiving inspections are scheduled appropriately. #LI-GF1
Mass. Electric Construction Co. (MEC) is a subsidiary of the Kiewit Corporation. Since our founding in 1928 in Boston, Massachusetts, Mass. Electric Construction’s philosophy has been to pursue electrical projects that require a higher level of technical and logistical skill. MEC has a 65-year tradition of outstanding performance on some of the nation’s most high-profile transportation projects. To date we have completed over $5 billion of transportation projects throughout North America. With our skilled and dedicated personnel, combined with cutting edge equipment, installation methods, and project controls, MEC is setting new standards across every aspect of the market.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
- Assist OCS foremen with the preparation of job hazard analyses prior to the start of every operation
- Understand project requirements and communicate with Project Manager with the plan and budget.
- Analyze technical specifications and drawings with the ability to determine the scope of work and materials and evaluate and propose alternative and compliant technical solutions
- Identify, quantify, manage risk – performance based and technical requirements.
- Evaluate the project design and implement systems to support and/or enhance business operations.
- Conduct engineering reviews to identify efficiencies that can be achieved or resolve foreseeable technical issues.
- Coordinate and serve as a liaison between MEC Staff and outside engineers / consultants / suppliers
- Prepared to attend meetings with customers and owners/general contractors/subcontractors.
- Interface with other disciplines to coordinate field activities
- Experience managing 10-20 craft employees at one time
- Preparation of workplans to ensure the adequate resources (craft, equipment, materials, supplies, access, permits, etc.) are available install and test the overhead catenary system
- Ensure the project internal/external engineering resources maintain schedule and budget.
- Accountable for daily cost and quantity tracking for OCS operations
- Establish a strong working relationship with the local union
- Daily time sheets and quantities
- Drawings and specifications
- Daily Costs
- Schedule (3 week, 90 day, overall)
- Safety tours
- Orientation of assigned craft
- Quality tours
- Stretch & Flex
- Toolbox talks
- Cost report, labor productivity, forecast review meetings
- Two or more years’ experience in a Superintendent role with OCS systems and design
- Ability to perform and competently manage an OCS project including takeoffs, material reviews, work planning, construction, testing and commissioning.
- Basic knowledge of construction equipment and hi-rail operations
- Must be skilled in the preparation of drawings, specifications and cost estimates and should have the capability and experience to manage projects and lead a group of engineers in support of the construction schedule.
- Background in Project Controls like scheduling, submittals, RFIs, contracts, budgets, etc.
- Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent motivational skills
- Adapt to new surroundings and new people and be able to access all points of a construction site
- Must be able to work with a team and provide input
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Willing to travel and relocate on an as needed basis; nationwide Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified women, minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and others to apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.