Element has an opportunity for a Metallurgist whose primary responsibility is to support the Metallurgy Lab Manager in running day to day laboratory affairs along with site and field testing.
Skills / Qualifications
- Complete metallurgical tests such as inclusion content analysis, metallographic examination and welder qualification assessment as per various international standards eg. ISO, ASTM etc. and customer requirements
- Undertake corrosion testing in accordance with standards such as ASTM A262 and ASTM G48
- Work closely with technicians to carry out cross functional work and testing
- Involvement with routine and daily equipment checks including cleanliness and maintenance of machinery to meet certification standards
- Participate fully in personal development and training
- Contribute to ensure that the laboratory continues to comply with the requirements of ISO17025, Nadcap and
- various clients
- A metallurgy, materials science or engineering qualification
- Significant experience within the metal testing and inspection industry
- Good communication, computer and organisation skills are essential
- Ability to follow instructions accurately and attention to detail
- The ability to work as part of a team and use own initiative
- Available to work a reasonable amount of overtime when required
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
- Attention To Detail
- Content Analysis
- Follow Instructions