0 suggestions are available, use up and down arrow to navigate them
You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Risk Management Analyst
American Bureau of Shipping Washington, DC Full-Time
Come join our team and be part of a dynamic, growing organization that supports Federal Departments and Agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security, Department of Transportation, and Department of Interior. As a Senior professional with applied experience and expertise in enterprise risk management (ERM) programs and strategic consulting, you will serve executive-level, high visibility homeland security efforts, while also becoming a key project leadership figure to our team of cybersecurity specialists and program analysts. You will help develop and deliver meaningful products and interactions with a host of federal and industry stakeholders.ABS Group has earned a reputation for technical expertise and data-driven solutions to help our clients understand and manage risk, optimize business performance, and support the journey to operational excellence. Our team provides technical expertise and mission support in the areas of cybersecurity, engineering, policy and analysis, project management security and resiliency, and risk management. Our Global Government division, headquartered in Washington, DC is committed to developing talent and aligning qualified staff to help our customers achieve mission objectives and employ transformational approaches to improve safety, security, and resiliency by quantifying, analyzing, and ultimately reducing risk. If this sounds like you, keep reading! The Senior Enterprise Risk Management and Strategic Consultant is responsible for planning, leading, and executing Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) projects for federal clients, including program assessment, development, and implementation of program strategies. Applicants will work closely with our clients and must confidently demonstrate a full understanding of risk concepts, can help clients solve complex problems, can communicate generally and technically with our client’s senior leadership, and enjoy working with people of all backgrounds, disciplines, and seniority to achieve success.The successful candidate for this position will work directly with clients, their stakeholders, and our team to:
- Assess, develop, lead, and support formal enterprise risk management programs, including the establishment of foundational processes and methodologies and the integration of the ERM program with strategic plans, priorities, and reporting mechanisms.
- Provide task leadership to plan and schedule ERM project deliverables.
- Work with clients to develop and improve guidance and tools used to assist multiple client stakeholder sets with ERM projects, including those tools used to identify, assess, treat, monitor and communicate enterprise-level risks.
- Develop or support ERM strategies, objectives and policies that will achieve successful risk identification, management and governance. Support and/or advise on the connectivity between enterprise risks and strategy-aligned risks for the agency in close coordination with the client team and ours.
- Facilitate risk assessments, incorporating collaborative qualitative and quantitative analyses, to identify current and/or emerging risks to an organization, its employees, stakeholders, assets and operations.
- Assist our client in working with stakeholders to develop corrective actions, mitigations, or remediation options with client stakeholders, as needed.
- Integrate internal controls programs and enterprise risk management programs under OMB A-123 Guidance. Support executive- and senior-level client meetings with internal stakeholders in finance, human capital, legal, and technologies.
- Facilitate the enterprise-wide risk assessment process, including identification of participants and coordination of the risk interview, identification, and evaluation processes.
- Support the identification, collection, and analysis of enterprise risk management data. Identify gaps and opportunities to improve the quality and quantity of enterprise risk management data over time. Define and refine risk thresholds.
- Assess enterprise risks against strategic priorities and assist in the development of any required mitigation plans.
- Develop training and communication materials and interact with stakeholders across business units to educate on ERM processes and gather information to information risk identification and management.
- Support executive briefings, talking points, communications, and reporting including information substantiating benefits, value, and impact of the ERM program and agency-wide ERM maturity work.
- At least seven years of experience demonstrating an ability to successfully lead and support agency-level enterprise risk management projects
- Experience working on teams to identify, assess, evaluate, treat, monitor and communicate enterprise-level risks within an organization
- Ability to facilitate and present to diverse audiences—from small stakeholder meetings to executive-level audiences
- Knowledge and experience working with key ERM references including OMB Circular No. A-123
- Strong written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience reviewing, evaluating, and reporting data sets, metrics, and measures.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Risk Management, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other related fields
- Enjoys being a team leader and team player
- Demonstrated ability to help shape and develop products independently, with colleagues, and one-on-one with clients directly.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint and Visio required
- Ability to obtain DHS Suitability
- Ability to periodically travel to ABS Group office and client site
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Communication Design
- Hardworking And Dedicated
Job ID: 672