You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Commissioning Start-Up EMS Specialist
This position will be located initially in Houston, TX and transitions to LA.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of the EMS on site including coordination, commissioning plans, testing, and signoff of all completed SAT reports.
- Willingness to develop technical knowledge and expertise on GE Power Conversion EMS System
- Communicate clearly and promptly up, down and across
- Communicate effectively to manage expectations and build relationships.
- Strong planning skills a distinct plus with the ability to adapt to changing site priorities as needed.
- Strong record keeping and coordination skills - drives discipline with EPC in this area.
- Site single point contact for liaison/interface between:
- OFE (and OFE Vendors) and EPC site commissioning team
- Site operations and maintenance teams
- Participate as electrical in Pre-Start-Up Safety Reviews (PSSR).
- Represent electrical commissioning in project punch listing activities.
- Implementation of SIMOPs.
- Assurance and audit of electrical test plans and commissioning procedures
- Lead and require strict adherence to Lock Out / Tag Out Procedures (LOTO), work permits, and company policies
- Review and spot check Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) audits for department
- Review scope packages and validate necessary forms for completed turnover package
- Review test procedures for component and system testing
- Perform project document reviews
- Support site Change Management for electrical discipline
- Checkout installed systems and equipment adhering to OEM requirements, system descriptions, and good industry standard practice
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical from a University or Technical School, and/or job related experience and minimum of 10 years field execution experience
Minimum 10-15 years of experience in LNG/Gas Process/Refinery/Petrochemical Industries and Power Plant maintenance and operations
- Minimum 10 years of electrical experience in supervisor roles and/or specialization
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Electrical Lead on mid to large scale project
- Working knowledge and experience with various control systems including PLCS, HMI, Relays, DCS Systems, & EMS System
- Familiarity with Control and Electrical systems as well as Ethernet network configurations and topology.
- MS Office Suite
- EPC experience
- Recent knowledge of engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and electrical controls systems
- Must have knowledge of field-testing requirements and equipment to perform the testing
- Experienced with domestic and/or International electrical codes and standards. Including NEC, NFPA, NETA, and ANS.
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Change Management
- Control Systems
Job ID: BBBH43446