Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Meet Enel Green Power:
Enel Green Power, part of Enel Group, is driving the future of sustainable energy, working to bring renewable energy to every corner of the planet. As one of the world’s leading renewable energy companies, we play a fundamental role in the energy transition, bringing our planet into a new era in which everyone has access to sustainable, decarbonized energy. We combine our purpose, passion and skills to create a cleaner and more sustainable future, constantly pushing technological limits and fostering stakeholder awareness. In the US and Canada, Enel Green Power is one of the leading and fastest growing renewable energy companies in the US and Canada, and the growth engine of our global renewable energy business. Our growth is driven by our people and our partnerships. We work with some of the largest corporations in the world, supporting the renewable energy goals of customers like Google, Anheuser-Busch, T-Mobile, Facebook, Adobe and Kohler, among others. Enel Green Power operates across the entire value chain from business development to long-term operations, fostering innovative solutions to produce green energy more efficiently and more sustainably. We aim to create shared value in the communities where we operate by combining the pursuit of our business with lasting contributions to socio-economic development.
In accordance with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality guidelines at global level and liaising with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Units this position is responsible for supporting the USA & Canada Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) team in overall administration of on the health and safety programs with the goal of creating and maintaining the company HSEQ values and programs. This position will support renewable energy development, construction and operations, maintenance, office and fleet activities.
What You'll Do at Enel:
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
Who You Are:
- Collect and report Health and Safety data and KPIs
- Deploy Health and Safety Global policies and procedures at Country level ensuring their implementation by monitoring the performance and conditions at Country/site level, harmonizing working methods and identifying and monitoring corrective action plans;
- Address and support relevant HSEQ, O&M and E&C units at field level in reviewing Health and Safety conditions, risk assessment, information and specified training for personnel, defining recovery plans and monitoring their implementation as well as supporting Extra Checking On Site (ECOS);
- Design and promote initiatives/projects at Country level, aimed at improving Health and Safety standards and results, including technological and operational improvements
- Supporting the processes related to Suppliers’ safety qualification, liaising with relevant Procurement units
- Ensure the fulfilment of all legal requirements at Country level, by managing the implementation of actions and documentation required by local law, including the health surveillance at Country/site level in coordination with relevant HSEQ, O&M and E&C units
- Support relevant HSEQ, O&M and E&C units in implementing all requirements needed by the Integrated Management Systems on Health and Safety issues to obtain and maintain the certification.
- Maintenance, development and implementation of the local HSEQ manual, programs, compliance plans, and initiatives focused around company Safety values, goals, objectives, and various regulations including ISO45001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001.
- Manage safety programs for the North America offices.
- Management of Fleet Safety and DOT programs
- Responsible for the investigation of incidents, near misses and counsel employees involved in incidents to prevent reoccurrence for assigned area.
- Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company health, and safety policies, and practices.
- Investigate and take appropriate actions concerning employee requests, complaints and concerns involving unsafe conditions/practices.
- Conducting hazard analysis as required.
- Acts with integrity in all HSEQ matters to maintain compliance and excellence
- Coordinate Safety & Health internal and regulatory reporting, including data collection and reporting for North America.
- Coordinate and monitor the selection, training, and use of PPE as needed
- Maintain facilities emergency action plan and provide training as needed
- Provide information and assist in the development of budget forecasts, schedules and associated cost information and labor allocations
- Special Projects as required including coordination of and/or participate in various company HSEQ initiatives.
- Participate in or lead cross function project or audit teams to support company HSEQ program.
- Contribute to the overall needs and objectives of the unit and company.
- Maintain a positive rapport with various state and federal regulatory agencies
- Maintain Safety & Environment data integrity within all data systems, including SAP
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player with passion, drive and the ability to self-start
- Ability to influence
- Availability for local, domestic and international travel; up to 30%
- Experience working within safety management systems/quality systems, (SAP a plus)
What You've Accomplished:
- Superior communications, interpersonal, and organizational skills required
Mental Functions: Comparing, copying, calculating, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- BS in Safety, Environment or related field
- Minimum of 4-8 years of related experience
- Thorough knowledge of applicable regulations, practices and computer skills
What Enel Offers You:
- Strong initiative and drive for high achievement and continuous improvement approach
- Ability to be on call or work off hours as needed
•A rapidly growing yet well-established business, •Ability to work with employees from many different cultures and backgrounds., •Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •One of the world’s most recognizable and respected brands in the energy industry that believes by working together we can create a new energy era in which the world can become more sustainable., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders., •Various forms of flexibility to help you integrate your life with your professional commitments.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Enel North America is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Enel North America has facilities. Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact [ Email address blocked ] .