Our bodies and environment all depend on water, it is the building block that supports all life. Water issues are becoming increasingly prominent as we struggle with disparity between water availability and demands, water pollution, and competition for limited water resources. At Jacobs, we recognize these challenges and our engineers, scientists, and planners are working together with clients to find the right solutions to their water challenges.
One of our water project located in Central/West Singapore is currently seeking a Resident Engineer to be part of the project site team.
- Review the contractor’s engineering submission, shop drawings, construction methodology
- Carry out general contract administration and management
- Assist in the design of larger and more complex assignments.
- Carry out quality control and assurance matters for the construction of the project using their experience and knowledge in the construction, inspection and quality assurance. Will ensure that quality of works are in compliance with the specifications, applicable codes and regulations and statutory requirements
- Work closely, coordinate and communicate in between the client (PUB), the consultants, the builder, relevant authorities and stakeholders as required.
- Monitor the project schedule, activities and progress
- Assist SO, QP Supervision and PM in the project.
- Provides leadership and accountability for the implementation, and measurable performance, of the Jacobs Beyond Health and Safety Program
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering and construction management and supervision techniques, procedures, and criteria.
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Minimum Diploma with minimum of 5 years relevant site experience in drainage/road works
- Registered RE with BCA/IES
- Have attended the mandatory safety training course, ‘Building Construction Supervisors Safety Course” conducted by a MOM approved training provider.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of programmes
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.