The BSG Financial Applications group is looking to fill the position of Application Support Specialist, whose primary responsibilities will be focused on support and maintenance of various financial business applications to resolve incidents, service requests or problems.
- Provide support for the company’s business applications, including, but not limited to the global ERP, over the phone, in person, by email and/or by using a connection tool to remote to user’s computers;
- Follow documented procedures to resolve incidents and requests;
- Record and analyze service calls and follow-up on them until problems are resolved using the incident management tool;
- Ensure security processing for access to business applications;
- Queue management role with follow-ups on application registers and alerts;
- In the event of data integrity problems, perform debugging and validate the solutions found;
- Adjust and execute SQL scripts;
- Document and maintain support operation procedures for policy control of the company;
- Provide some support after-hours and weekends.
- Strong planning, prioritizing and time management skills - must be able to undertake and manage multiple tasks at the same time and work under deadlines and operational pressures;
- Action-oriented person who excels in an environment where the pace of work is determined by a multitude of tasks and who is able to work in a team and to perform his or her duties with limited supervision;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail and work ethic;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), in French and English.
- College Diploma in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Programming / Science,
- Experience with ERP systems (IFS, SAP, Oracle, GP/Dynamics), financial consolidation applications (Cognos Controller, Hyperion) and/or BI concepts would be considered an asset;
- Experience providing 2nd level business application support for requests, incidents and problems in a Windows environment;
- Experience in a customer service role;
- Experience in using software tools/utilities to manage support/service calls and problems;
- Experience in the areas of application integration and methodologies would be an asset;
- Practical experience with internal control procedures and audit requirements in relation to data access, security and master data configuration would be an asset;
- Exposure to the SQL language would be an asset;
- Exposure to ITIL concepts, including a good working knowledge of formal change management process would be considered an asset.
- Application Integration Architecture
- Attention To Detail
- Business Informatics
- Business Software