Brief Description of Duties/Key Results to be Achieved:
- Test embedded real-time software applications running on custom microprocessor-based hardware with the opportunity to also work on applications testing in a Microsoft Windows environment. This embedded real-time software will be written in C and C using object-oriented and/or services-based methodologies for execution under a real-time operating system such as QNX, Linux, or a similar environment. The software is expected to be high-quality, high-performance, secure code capable of running on multiple platforms.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables for the embedded real-time software application by defining test plans, performing manual testing, and developing automated tests that cover functional, integration, system, performance, and regression aspects in alignment with customer requirements
- Cover functional and non-functional aspects like security, performance, robustness, etc. in the design, quality assurance, and deployment of software deliverables
- Continuously learn appropriate domain knowledge, technologies, skills, and tools needed for process improvements spanning multiple product domains
- Work in agile development environment through performing in a cross-functional team and contributing to end-to-end activities of the software development lifecycle which includes analyzing requirements, developing concepts, developing tools, and supporting the CI/CD infrastructure
- Work effectively with marketing, product owners, architects, and UX designers from requirements analysis, design, implementation, reviews, up to delivering project requirements in a multi-national, multi-cultural organization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- At least 2 years’ experience in all phases of embedded real-time firmware/software application testing, from requirements analysis to release in an Agile environment
- Experience using embedded development and testing tools (emulators, debuggers, analyzers, etc.)
- Experience in designing, developing, and executing embedded software automation and test scripts
- Experience with commercial real-time embedded operating systems (QNX or similar)
- Experience and/or knowledge of application testing in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Experience with Agile testing approaches like TDD (Test Driven Development) &/or BDD (Behavioral Driven Development) and best practices like exploratory testing and risk-based analysis
- Experience working with version control, build, deployment, test management tools, and CI/CD tools (like GIT, TFS, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Good analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Good initiative, work organization, and time management skills
- Strong SDLC experience in delivering projects on time with high quality
- Able to communicate effectively with peers and other departments in local and international settings
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server, or Azure DevOps
- Experience developing software using Agile methodology (Scrum &/or SAFE)
- An understanding or experience with Process Control or Distributed Control Systems
- Good fundamental knowledge and ability to program in at least one programming language (e.g. C, C , C#, Java, etc.), and have applied them in a development project
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Agile Methodology
- Agile Testing
- Application Testing
- Business Process Improvement