Are you ready to take the next step in your Vestas career with this new role in Global Operations Engineering? Do you want to get the opportunity to have a strong impact on the Service business and work in a truly global? Are you an engineer with experience on electrical systems and components with strong stakeholder management and communication skills? If so, we'd be keen to hear from you.
Service > Service Operations > Turbine Operations Engineering
As the successful candidate, you will be part of the Global Operations Engineering team, a small and global team which is part of Service Operations. Responsible to continuously improve the tools and the processes used from regional Operations Engineering, to coordinate knowledge sharing and collaboration across SBUs as well as with our colleagues in VPS, Service Solutions and other internal teams.
You will be responsible for owning all best practices for the Turbine Operations Engineering team globally for the following technology areas: Drive train, (generator), Transformer and Switch Gears, Yaw and Pitch System (electrical side) as well as sub stations and HV equipment.
For these technology areas your responsibilities will be following:
- Share communication flow and best practices across Regional Turbine Operations Engineering
- Strategically plan for improvements to processes, tools and knowledge of Regional Operations Engineering
- Build and implement improvements to processes, tools and knowledge across Regional Operations Engineering continuously
- Act as a central point of contact between centralized Engineering and business teams (like VPS, CIM and Service Solution, Service Commercial) to Operations Engineering
- Ensure that Regional Operations Engineering becomes an active stakeholder in the new product development's phase
- Support success of new product releases, ensuring all relevant Operations Engineering teams are trained in depth in the product and having all needed documentation to support construction, commissioning and operations
- Ensure that all relevant Operations Engineering teams are trained globally for all critical processes and tools
- Track and own performance metrics which demonstrate success of improvements to processes, tools and knowledge sharing
A functional Specialist who is part of the Global Turbines Operations Engineering is expected to have the following experience and qualifications:
- 5-10 years of engineering experience working on the design or operations of wind turbines, with an expertise in their discipline area
- Be recognized by the commercial and operational leaders in an SBU for excelling in communicating to customers on topics relating to your expertise
- Be recognized by their manager as a leader and role model for the team
- Speak and write fluently in English
- Thorough experience of Vestas processes and systems and ability to navigate a complex global matrixed organization with the ability to influence without authority
- Comfortable communicating and presenting to all levels of internal and customer organizations
- Leadership in his/her field and to be able to establish influential relationships at all levels internally and externally, with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Mature on self-management
- Organizational and communicative skills and outgoing personality that allow you to achieve results through multi-disciplinary teams, involving colleagues from various parts of Vestas as well as external partners globally. Key stakeholders of this role will include engineers and subject matter experts both from centralized functions of Vestas (e.g. CIM, Service Solutions etc.) as well as in each of the SBUs
What we offer
An opportunity to work closely with technical issues affecting the bottom line of the Service business. This role provides the opportunity to work with global design and commercial teams as well as with all the Service Business Units around the world. We promise a challenging and collaborative environment for those engineers looking for to apply their knowledge of operating wind projects in a strategic way, and the opportunity to see how the results affect overall business.
The role will preferably be based in Aarhus N, Denmark.
A certain amount (up to 25% of your time) of travel activity annually should be expected.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please send your application and CV as soon as possible - and no later than 26th June 2021 - using the link on this page. All inquiries are treated confidentially.
For additional information regarding the position, please contact Prodomos Palamidis (Global Head, Turbine Operations Engineering) +30 213164738.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Computer Integrated Manufacturing