Order Type :
Process Engineer - Ingredion
LOCATION: South Sioux City
Ingredion is a Fortune 500 provider of ingredient solutions that helps nourish, comfort, sustain, and delight people around the world. Ingredion’s wide range of ingredient solutions is strategically designed to address changing consumer trends and preferences. Our specialty portfolio includes starch-based texturizers, clean and simple ingredients, plant-based proteins, sugar reduction and specialty sweeteners, and food systems. Our innovative ingredient solutions are used by consumers in everyday products, from foods and beverages to paper and pharmaceuticals. And we do it all in a planet-friendly sustainable manner.
We bring the potential of people, nature, and technology together to make life better.
That’s our purpose. We are all IN to make life better!
Every day, Ingredion employees bring their skills, creativity, and passion together to deliver ingredient solutions that enhance people’s lives. We are innovators who combine the power of technology with the best of nature to delight our customers and consumers. We hold ourselves to the highest standards in ethics, safety, quality, and sustainability. Unlocking the potential of people, nature, and technology to make life better is what drives us in every aspect of our business.
If you are interested in making life better, we are all IN to learn more about you! A bit about what you can expect from the employee experience at Ingredion:
No matter where you work in the company, you’ll have an opportunity to make life better… for our colleagues, customers, communities, and the world. Passionate people, motivated to excel.
Our highly talented people have a passion for learning and achievement and are driven by our inspiring purpose to make life better and our core values: Care First, Be Preferred, Everyone Belongs, Innovate Boldly, and Owner’s Mindset.
At Ingredion, everyone belongs! We embrace diversity and foster an inclusive work environment where individuals feel supported and enabled to contribute their very best every day.
We believe everyone has great potential, and we strive to nurture that potential into great personal and professional achievements.
We are creating the conditions that inspire and enable innovation - in our products and services, as well as in how we do our work day-to-day.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for monitoring process conditions, providing troubleshooting and technical support, maintaining instrumentation and control systems to assist in meeting safety, quality, production, and cost goals. Identifying and implementing process improvements including capital projects/permits from conception to start-up.
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
This role will primarily work off-shift and weekend hours
- Executing projects (establish and meet budget and schedule, supervise construction, train personnel, supervise startup, coordination with QC/QA, safety, health and environmental, and maintenance) up to $10M or to be a member of a project team that executes projects.
- Providing technical support/expertise to the plant safety professional on facility safety initiatives when designing and/or redesigning work processes to eliminate workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Troubleshooting, identifying opportunities for improvement, and implementing action plans and follow-up to ensure effective results.
- Providing engineering studies, designs, and justifications for approval to support Operations’ goals.
- Keeping historical data, to analyze and to monitor key efficiencies and parameters against design to assist Operations with troubleshooting and meeting costs and production goals.
- Evaluating, seeking approval, and executing improvements to the plant’s safety, reliability, capacity, operating costs, maintenance, product quality.
- Keeping current in discipline, to assess new technologies and ideas, to develop, evaluate, and seek approval for new concepts to improve the efficiency and the capability of the process, the life of the facility, and the product quality.
- Conducting process training and ensures documentation is up to date when projects are complete.
- Assisting operations in continuous training to maintain Operator’s proficiency.
- Experience in executing projects or process improvements and troubleshooting in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present technical information and prepare concisely written reports.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, build consensus, and foster relationships at multiple organization levels and across different organizational functions. Is self-directed and demonstrates high level of initiative.
- Demonstrated degree of sound judgment, resourcefulness, and innovation in handling complex technical assignments, with minimal supervision.
Qualified candidates will have:
- -Bachelor’s degree in chemical or Mechanical Engineering with 3-8 years manufacturing experience.
- -Ability to successfully implement capital projects/permits and perform engineering functions in a manufacturing environment. Demonstrate completed projects meet the design objectives.
- -Project Management training and/or certification, a plus.
- -Lean Six Sigma Certification, a plus.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
Eastridge Workforce Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that Eastridge is unable to provide visa sponsorship to applicants.
We value diverse experiences, including prior contact with the criminal legal system, and applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply. Certain clients require Eastridge to perform background checks and Eastridge will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with any applicable federal, state, or local law regarding criminal backgrounds, including but not limited to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the Philadelphia Fair Criminal Record Screening Standards Ordinance (a copy of the notice of rights under the Philadelphia Ordinance is available by clicking on this 24660674394).
Pay Rate :
- Business Process Improvement
- Control Systems
- Diseases And Disorders