This position will be responsible to lead a dedicated team of project level planners driving standardization of global planning and scheduling processes and procedures across the region. It is anticipated that the Regional Planning Leader - Americas will facilitate training and leadership for the team to support the business goal of becoming a world class.
Roles And Responsibilities
The Regional Planning Leader and their team are accountable for the development, maintenance and analysis of project schedules from contract award through project fulfilment for projects being executed within the Americas region. This position will report directly to the Global Planning Leader.
- Deep domain expertise in the use and application of Primavera P6
- Sharing knowledge and lessons learned with the wider planning team to ensure consistency and best practice globally.
- Supporting the planning teams in your region with scenario planning and analyzing the impact on the projects and the wider business.
- Incorporating lessons learned into future projects and ensuring a culture of continuous improvement is promoted
- Interfacing with the Renewable Energy Project Management Office (RPMO)
- Support the Project Directors towards Customer concerns and requirements
- Creating and maintaining procedures and work instructions ensuring consistent and rigorous planning methods are employed
- Maintaining and improving a standard set of digitized schedule quality and performance metrics and align to operating rhythms allowing efficient monitoring and control of project schedules, supporting project on-time delivery
- Providing leadership to the planning teams within your region including setting goals and objectives, attracting and retaining top planning talent and managing personnel performance
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering/Math/Science degree) or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in a lead planning / project controls role.
- Major experience in the planning of EPC Projects
- Expertise in use of the Primavera P6 planning tool
- Additional knowledge of MRP's and Monte Carlo analysis tools (such as Primavera Risk Anlayser)
- Experience of leading a team
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively lead a team, collaborate across the business functions and communicate effectively to all levels of the business.
- Clear thinking: Ability to understand the status of a project and link the schedule to the reality of the execution. The Global Planning Leader will quickly be able to acknowledge risks and opportunities in the schedule, identify and drive appropriate actions
- Expertise: Strong expertise in planning of a large projects as well as use of the Primavera P6 planning tool.
EWI Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Business Process Improvement
- Interpersonal Skills
- Monte Carlo Methods