Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity
The Senior Staff Process Engineer is a technical resource for Enterprise's natural gas processing facility projects, field gathering development, and hydrocarbon liquids processing and separation systems involving the design of cryogenic gas plants, amine treating and dehydration, fractionation, and processing facilities to include:
- Responsible for providing process design and design oversight, commissioning and start-up assistance for natural gas facilities.
- Support definition of a project scope.
- Support project execution during conceptual and front-end engineering stages to meet changing demands and engineering requirements associated with plant and facilities projects.
- Effectively enforce project standards.
- Ensure process related project documents are complete and current.
- Work closely with project parties to ensure scope of work and project details meet project objectives.
- Stay current with regulations, industry standards, and other applicable technologies.
- Set up process models and utilize available computer tools/systems to perform process design, evaluation, and performance predictions.
- Evaluate and review all process design aspects for reliability, fit-for-purpose, safety, maintainability including exchanger design and service rating, pump reliability and service calculations, equipment sizing, plant and equipment performance test, fired equipment optimization, hydraulic analysis of piping and equipment.
- Work with and provide guidance and oversight to contractors, and support contractor engineering and design efforts for capital projects.
- Support field engineering/operations groups to develop operating models, assist with trouble shooting and optimization.
Safety and Environmental
- Provide support and guidance on Process Safety Information
- Responsible for HAZOP, PSM, and related action items assigned to engineering.
- Assist with pre start-up safety reviews.
- Participate and provide technical assistance in the Management of Change process.
- Support and inform the Environmental/Permitting group of incidents and changes that impact plant permits.
- Work with others to develop and share best practices.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Has a BS in Chemical Engineering.
- Has a minimum of fifteen years experience as a Process Engineer involved in field and plant gas and hydrocarbon liquids processing facilities and transfer pipelines, e.g., cryogenic gas plants, amine treating, and dehydration, or equivalent experience at design of upstream or midstream facilities, equipment, and engineered systems as well as support for start-up, troubleshooting, or debottlenecking facilities.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in process simulation software such as BR&E ProMax, Aspen HYSYS, Honeywell Unisim, and other equipment/systems design software.
- Has specific experience with troubleshooting and sizing typical gas processing equipment including distillation columns, heat exchangers, pump and compressor operations, process control, control valve sizing, hydraulic evaluation, etc.
- Must be able to develop work scopes to support the Corporate and Project goals and objectives effectively.
- Must have working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets.
- Must have good technical writing ability and be able to adapt and learn new methods in performing the job function.
- Must be proficient in balancing multiple priorities and activities and meet deliverables.
- Must be willing and able to travel 25% with minimal overnights domestically.
- Must be able to handle multiple fast-paced projects with constantly changing priorities and scope.
- Must be able to focus on the key deliverables and work scope and maintain effective communication and guidance to support timely issue of deliverables.
- Must be detailed oriented, but also maintain focus on overall goals and objectives of the project.
- Attention To Detail
- Chemical Engineering