Requisition Id 9557
We have an opening for a Multi-Craft Planner in support of the Facilities Management Division. The planner teams with craft supervision, craft workers and other support personnel in task preparation and work planning to ensure that work is conducted in a safe, compliant, timely, and efficient manner. You will be responsible for organizing maintenance activities of facilities’ systems with primary emphasis on electrical and mechanical projects, corrective maintenance and preventive maintenance.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory, conducting basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security. Our diverse capabilities span a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines, enabling the Laboratory to explore fundamental science challenges and to carry out the research needed to accelerate the delivery of solutions to the marketplace.
- Develop cost estimates, quotations, work plans, materials procurement & deliveries, and assists in managing projects within established budgets and schedules.
- Assist in coordination of work of others (primarily craft) in the execution of work in compliance with the contract between ORNL and the Atomic Trades and Labor Council AFL-CIO to ensure that work is performed safely and efficiently in compliance with internal procedures and within the boundaries of the applicable Facility Use Agreement.
- Promote and maintain a business culture that focuses on meeting the needs and support of craft workers and customers.
- Serve in an important interface role to ensure that customers are fully informed about project costs, schedules, status, delays, etc.
- Ensure that work tasks are properly analyzed and graded according to ORNL work control procedures.
- Work closely with their counterparts to support administrative functions, training needs, timekeeping, workforce instruction & direction, performance evaluation and feedback, efficiency improvements, productivity improvements, etc. in support of the division agenda.
- Organize and maintain spare parts inventory on an on-going basis.
- Coordinate with electrical supervisors and crews to ensure that proper levels of inventory are maintained.
- Coordinate with ORNL Receiving on delivery of materials and organize them in an orderly fashion.
- Serve as a relief supervisor for the electrical craft supervisor as needed.
- High School diploma and a minimum of nine years’ experience in the maintenance of electrical and/or mechanical systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work will involve various physical requirements and certain working conditions and as such a post offer, pre-hire physical will be required.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- A strong electrical knowledge and background is highly desired.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and be able to work well in a team environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, computer skills, organizational skills, and the ability to develop positive customer relationships.
- Previous supervisory experience would be a plus.
- Familiarity with labor relations principles and working within a collective bargaining union contract environment.
This position will remain open for a minimum of 5 days after which it will close when a qualified candidate is identified and/or hired.
We accept Word (.doc, .docx), Adobe (unsecured .pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), and HTML (.htm, .html) up to 5MB in size. Resumes from third party vendors will not be accepted; these resumes will be deleted and the candidates submitted will not be considered for employment.
If you have trouble applying for a position, please email [ Email address blocked ] .
ORNL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, are encouraged to apply. UT-Battelle is an E-Verify employer.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
- Computer Literacy
- Corrective Maintenance
- Cost Modelling