If you are a Business Development professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Austin, TX location (other physical Emerson locations may be considered), you will be measured by and expected to achieve all sales targets for both bookings and new logo acquisition for the Plantweb Optics Platform. This includes offerings based on Optics Analytics, Data Lake, Portal and future L3/L4 software and associated services to deliver the desired client outcome. You will engage with the Emerson Impact Partner sales channel, direct sales force and other Emerson Automation Solutions business units as appropriate. You will also closely collaborate with the Operational Certainty Solutions (OCS), Process Systems and Solutions (PSS) Territory Manager, and North America World Area leads to qualify opportunities, drive growth and provide timely reporting metrics. AS A PLANTWEB OPTICS PLATFORM BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEADER YOU WILL:
WHO YOU ARE:
- Enable the delivery of the Territory Manager's strategic plans throughout engagement ensuring the right mix of technical support and application knowledge is available. Ability to manage priorities and focus on what will drive the North American business goals, balancing these with the needs of Emerson Impact Partners and Territory Managers.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge on all the products/systems within the Plantweb portfolio and the ability to communicate & apply that knowledge through Solutions Selling metholodology.
- Lead and/or actively support project pursuit opportunities in collaboration with the Emerson Impact Partner Sales Channel or Digital Transformation (DX) group.
- Develop the ability to conduct live demonstrations and formal presentations that clearly communicate the capabilities and value of the Plantweb Optics platform.
- Layout, position and communicate recommended solution architectures based on client needs using the Plantweb Optics Platform. Be able to communicate how our products and services come together to move customers forward.
- Ensure we have the best processes in place with the tools we have to reinforce the One Emerson philosophy across PSS, OCS, and DX. This covers sales processes and tools, content on the Global Sales portal, system planning guides, services offered, and Emerson Impact Partner certification.
- Work with Product Marketing and Technology to ensure the sales channels have what they need to be successful with our products - literature, presentations, targets, actions, goals, competitive information, training, events, and calls to be confident and passionate about our offerings.
- There are no direct reports for this position; however, the ability to manage and influence an indirect sales channel (Emerson Impact Partners) to drive growth initiatives and market penetration in critical.
- This position requires an average of 50% travel.
You are someone that builds strong customer relationships and delivers customer-centric solutions. You also create a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives. Additionally, you can see ahead to future possibilities and translate them into breakthrough strategies. You are able to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and ethusiasm while consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances. Lastly, you are able to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with the organizational goals.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
BS degree in a technical discipline or related field
Minimum five (5) years industry experience
Demonstrated experience of managing a sales budget or quota
Experience in selling advanced software solutions to the process industry such as production and energy optimizations, asset management and predictive failures, and knowledge base decision support systems
Demonstrated knowledge of artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT), and Digital Transformation concepts
Technical/systems knowledge including:
Corporate Historian Systems such as OSISoft, PI, AspenTech IP.21, Honeywell PHD/Uniformance or related products
Operational & Enterprise Data lakes, Cloud-based date repositories (MS Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Bigtable, etc.)
OT data visualization toolsets such as MS PowerBI, Spotfire, Tableau
Field Data Capture Systems such as Energy Components, FieldView, Avocet, PVR
Previous experience working with an engineering consulting firm (particularly in the operational data capture, management and integration)
Knowledge of relevant industrial software applications
Exception team player and Solutions Selling
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Experience working on-site at manufacturing and production facilities such as gas plants, hydrocarbon processing, power generation facilities, and power transmission companies
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Internet Of Things (Io T)