Kinder Morgan, Inc. is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately 84,000 miles of pipelines and 157 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, condensate, CO2 and other products, and our terminals trans load and store liquid commodities including petroleum products, ethanol and chemicals, and bulk products, including petroleum coke, metals and ores.
The Gulf Terminals Region is looking for a Project Manager that will provide engineering support and construction leadership to assigned tank projects requiring maintenance in accordance to API 653 and API 650 standards.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage tank projects requiring maintenance per API 653
- Provide support to larger capital projects for new tank construction per API 650
- Prepare project scope of work, estimates, schedules, and execution plans for tank projects
- Work closely with procurement to prepare and acquire bids per KM standards
- Review financial commitments to expenditures to ensure accurate spending forecasts
- Report project performance on weekly and monthly basis
- Execute tank repair projects to meet KM standards and other industry standards.
- Ensure that all work performed is in compliance with regulatory requirements and other industry policies
- Assist in the preparation of annual sustaining capital budget for tank maintenance projects
- Ensure tank inspections and repairs are well documented per regulatory requirements and KM standards
- Provide technical support during the review of tank inspections to maintain a consistent assessment and repair practices.
- Work with Operations, EHS, and Commercial to successfully complete and plan tank projects and schedules.
- Understand and review tank level alarms per API 2350 and KM standards.
- Consistently maintain and demonstrate a high regard for safety; Personal safety, the safety of employees, the general public, and company assets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
*Job level will be commensurate with skillset and experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or 5 yrs experience in construction management and aboveground storage tanks.
- API 653 certification a plus, but not required.
Prior Experience & Skills:
- Working experience in the maintenance and repair of aboveground storage tanks.
- Project management skills including project scope, estimating, cost and schedule control.
- Knowledge of API standards, particularly API 653 and 650
- Knowledge of DOT part 195 related to operating above-ground storage tanks.
- Ability to make and meet project commitments
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate project status to different levels of the organization.
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tank projects.
- Able to work effectively in team environment and maintain a professional with co-workers, vendors and contractors
- Must be proficient with computer applications; including but not limited to Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Construction Management