You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
About this role: Senior Specialist - Shutdown Mechanical
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking an experienced Senior Specialist – Shutdown Mechanical to join the Shutdown Management team based at Lihir, PNG.
Reporting to the Superintendent (Mechanical), you will safely participate in all aspects of the preparation, planning, scheduling, execution and closeout of the major planned shutdowns in the Autoclave area. The intent is to deliver the shutdown goals of safety, quality, schedule and cost while working with all other shutdown areas to ensure an integrated approach.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment medical assessment and clear police check
- Must be open to FIFO in PNG
What you need to bring:
- 7+ years relevant work experience in mineral processing including large-scale fixed asset management is essential
- Relevant trades qualification or certification is essential
- A tertiary qualified Mechanical Engineering degree or advanced diploma is desirable
- Certificate in Workplace Assessment & Training or similar is desirable
- Previous background in Autoclave is advantageous
- Strong leadership skills
- Safety-focused with attention to detail to ensure quality and compliance
- Skilled in the use of the CMMS/EAM and SAP software to manage the day to day planning and scheduling of maintenance activities
- The direct technical output of work appropriate to the role, developing technical knowledge, establishing and monitoring technical systems, and managing relationships with external internal stakeholders
- Ability to create and develop detailed work instructions using the company system
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal, written communication and public speaking skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite
- Sound planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and autonomously
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Strong active listening and interpersonal skills for rapport building, conflict resolution and training
This position gives you the opportunity to be part of one of the world’s largest and most technically challenging gold deposits across Australasia. Gain great exposure to new cutting-edge maintenance equipment and software systems enabling you to further develop your skills and experience. Enjoy a FIFO roster in a safe working environment. Lihir offers a competitive remuneration package
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
- Active Listening
- Asset Management
- Attention To Detail
- Conflict Resolution
Job ID: PUB398978