Purpose of Position:
Combine Drilling & Completions (D&C) technical expertise along with contracts expertise to support D&C contracts and procurement activities for large drilling programs.
Education / Experience Required:
· Minimum Bachelor Degree in Business, Science, Engineering or other relevant degree from an accredited and recognized university
· Minimum of 8 years post-degree, including relevant work experience in tendering and contract management aspects of large offshore Drilling & Completions rig programs
· Experience and basic technical knowledge of Drilling & Completions equipment, materials and services (preferably including Jackup Drilling Rigs, Directional Drilling, Drilling Fluids, OCTG, Cementing, Liner Systems, Completion Equipment, Wellheads & Trees, Wireline, Coiled Tubing, Perforating, Acid Stimulation, Fishing and Milling)
· Experience in Drilling & Completions contract strategies, contract tendering, contract award, post award contract administration and contract negotiations for large Drilling & Completions programs
· Strong communication skills, including strong verbal and written skills in English and ability to clearly and concisely convey results and recommendations from technical and commercial analysis to audiences
· Experience working in Middle East Region strongly preferred
1. Manage a portfolio of existing D&C contracts; examples of duties include assessing suitability of current contracts for new rig programs, seeking opportunities to optimize contract effectiveness, providing technical evaluation for scope adds and estimating cost impact for contract cap values, implementing change orders / contract amendments as required, etc.
2. Establish new D&C contracts; examples of duties include defining technical requirements / specifications to be included in contracts, developing contract / tendering strategies, providing engineering support for tendering activities, conducting technical and commercial evaluations, assisting in negotiations, etc.).
3. Interface internally with other D&C Team members to ensure contract effectiveness, capturing lessons from current contracts and applying for upcoming rig programs
4. Interface with other QG stakeholders such as Supply Dept and Subsurface Business Support to support tendering and procurement processes
5. Support the preparation of tender committee presentations and submissions.
6. Provide mentorship for the development of National Engineers and junior staff