1. Review and monitor Cable & Umbilical Fabrication schedule and progress, Field Design Changes, Concession Requests, Non-Conformance Reports and contractor design change or deviations from company directives ensuring compliance with industry code and management of change procedures.
2. Monitor Contractor’s performance and provide advice as necessary to make certain Company’s design philosophy and specifications are achieved by establishing clear communication with the contractor and monitoring contractor and vendor quality control effort.
3. Champion initiatives with the Contractor to deliver on the project objectives i.e. safety, quality, cost and schedule and review and monitor contractor’s cable & Umbilical engineering construction effort making recommendations to Engineering Manager and Project Engineers as necessary.
4. Provide guidance and timely review on contractor’s Cable & Umbilical designs and processes verifying fitness for purpose and compliance with contract requirements including codes and standards and ensure PMT or other technical support is available to address any gaps.
5. Support respective Offshore Package Managers in delivery of the Engineering and design of Cable & Umbilical systems and coordinate the field installation of the NFXP Offshore Topsides electrical and hydraulic systems, subsea valve controls providing start-up and commissioning support as required.
6. Promote inter-departmental communications and encourage teamwork through managing the cable & Umbilical engineering interface between Topside & STP and Pipeline Engineering and Operations, Drilling, Well Management, Jackets teams.
7. Provide technical support and advice to project procurement and construction activities and support NFXP Offshore Engineering Manager in monitoring the contractor progress on delivery of the required documents in the Cable & Umbilical engineering discipline.
8. Assist PMT in meeting QGPMS expectations as required by the Facility Design & Construction.