About the job
This role ensures personal and team commitment and compliance to CLIENT policies, standards, codes of conduct, and HSE requirements.
Provides technical support to the onshore service base subsea team & SPS contractors mainly ONESUBSEA, CLIENT, and other key sub-contractors, provides validation for subsea/workover operations ensuring the well delivery targets are met.
- Up to 15 service contractors’ personnel supervised per operation (4 x offshore subsea supervisors are direct reports)
- 8 to 10 Deepwater wells typically delivered per annum
- Works with and across other departments and assets (HSE, FOPS, HQ, C&P, finance, logistics, etc.)
- Focal point for all offshore operations and provide support to Onne Subsea Superintendent for onshore preparatory aspects that impact upon readiness, maintenance, and mobilization of personnel/equipment to the rig, OIMR & LWI vessels (based on up-to-date operational schedules).
- Facilitate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and Risk Assessments (RA) for activities and ensure that supervisors promptly investigate and provide incident reports.
- Submit and file A3 reports / Non-conformance reports / close out reports for RCAs and operational RAs. The role will also ensure that necessary actions are taken to prevent reoccurrence.
- Facilitate post-operational debrief sessions and log lessons learned arising from operational activities for continually improving performance (i.e., minimize NPT, reinforce best practices etc.).
- Participate in engineering scopes for well construction activities i.e., maintenance and availability of tools and equipment, operational programs, reviews (for HAZID/HAZOPs, Well-on-Paper exercises etc.), and accurate reporting.
- Prepare and participate in contractor audits – HSE, SCM, and SQM activities and propose ways of continually minimizing costs, enabling higher quality, and improving performance.
- Maintain good technical interface with other entities – HQ, HSE, Assets, Drilling, Well Integrity Group, and GSR for business and operational requirements.
- Ensure that offshore Work Instructions, Management of Change (MoC), and the issuance of Well Handover & End of Well Reports (Short and Long) are correctly developed and submitted on time.
- Drives a LEAN, 3C, cost rationalization and continuous improvement culture throughout the well delivery cycle
- Interface with DW Stock control to ensure proper tracking of materials and spares under CLIENT custody and control, related to CONTRACTOR Base activities.
- Procurement process in line with budget and operational requirements, and related administration/reporting/tracking.
- Cost follow up and reporting to each DW technical entity on budget line/Call Off expenditures.
- Proper spares management implementation by Contractor (storage, segregation, inventory,robust obsolescence
- management etc.) to assure operation and maintenance tasks are executed as scheduled.
- Support technical aspect (interface engineering, logistics support, offshore operation/deployment) of the SERS/WERP & Subsea dispersants including preparation for BOCP procedures for rig & LWIV operations
- Technical degree (B.Sc./HND) Engineering
- >10 years’ experience in Subsea production systems with QA/QC, fabrication & testing with deep water project and contractor
- management experience
- Operational experience in subsea wells discipline (Drilling & Wells Métier), and knowledge of managing contracts.
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work in a diverse team of professionals.
- Individual must be adaptable and proactive, with a methodical mindset.
- Must be able to coach or drive others towards delivering expected outcomes through clear explanation and persistently
- communicating the benefits and importance of the deliverables.
- Computer skills: good knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Attend well and pattern reviews
- Identify, validate, and react to well failures Direct Field Techs to well issues as appropriate Execute displacement changes (SL, SPM)
- Ensure every well with a POC
- Identify, validate, and react to well failures
- Providing technical expertise in support of production well servicing equipment and providing detail designs for the mechanical equipment and structures used in well servicing equipment
- Conduct well control training on the job and in a classroom environment
- Deliver well control support to onshore and offshore locations
- Perform fluid level and dynamometer work on problem wells, wells that the well analyst needs assistance on, as well as new horizontal wells with gas interference issues
- Determine the safest and most efficient way of accessing the well
- Provide expert technical guidance for drilling, completion, work over and intervention operations to prevent loss of, or to regain, well control
- Provide engineering support to field operations
- Ensure accurate and timely well tests are obtained Validate well tests & troubleshoot variances Responsible for day-to-day operations such as, shut in and start wells
- Mobilize into the field as needed to troubleshoot and install surface well heads at customer sites
- Maintain appropriate reports and documentation of well site activities
- Supervise assigned staff and be responsible for performing calculations and making assessments on well control problems both onsite and from the office
- Work under very little direction and supervise other well control engineers that are responsible for performing calculations and making assessments on well control issues
- Discuss well access plans and barriers with regulatory agencies ahead of APM submittal
- Supporting operations in the field
- Deliver certification programs to classes with a diverse audience base
- Provide well engineering support and other engineering duties as needed to support the offshore well intervention activities and in house work of the marine engineering department
- Business Process Improvement