You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Establish and maintain communication with land and sea wide locations and all offshore vessels in Zakum field through radio equipment such as HF, VHF and UHF and monitor NDB, and Weather instruments for safe field operations.
Monitor and log movement of all vessels carrying cargo, crew and personnel to and from offshore locations such as Central complex, ACPTs and wellhead platforms, Islands, rigs and barges.
Send, receive and record messages through Telephone, Fax machines and E-mails and maintain logbooks, filing of messages and distribution of communiqués to the appropriate departments and personnel.
Coordinate sea and land communications during Emergency in Zakum field.
Broadcast and announce messages and weather reports.
Operate Zakum PABX Telephone Switchboard by establishing national and international call connections, maintain records of calls made and prepare computerized Telephone bills.
Job Specific Accountabilities
· Establish and maintain radio communication with Vessels, Offshore Rigs, Barges, Wellhead platforms and offshore production installations in Zakum field and communication centers in CLIENT offshore Headquarters and Zirku island through Marine VHF, HF, UHF equipment in accordance with defined procedures and standard instructions.
· Monitor, log & Email Vessel movement carrying cargo, crew and personnel to and from offshore locations such as central complex ACPTs, wellhead platforms, islands, rig and barges.
· Send, receive and record message through telephone fax machine and E-mails and maintain logbooks filing of messages and distribution of communication to the appropriate departments and personnel.
· Plan and obtain necessary clearance before sending any Production and Supply vessels to Central Complex from respective departments and co-ordinate with Rigger as required for smooth and time saving operations.
· Coordinate sea and land communications during Emergency.
· Broadcast weather reports and other messages (e.g. Navigational Warnings) as required on VHF.
· Operate PABX Telephone switchboard by establishing national and international call connections & maintain records of calls made. Prepare computerized Telephone bills for all calls.
· Maintain POB for Field, Island and all Satellite movements.
· Attend Emergency Drills & report Radio Room headcounts to Muster Stations.
· Operate central paging system to page required team (e.g. Emergency Team, Medivac Team, Fire & Safety Team etc) as per instructions from superiors.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
· Implement and comply with all relevant functional policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures, to accomplish operational objectives.
· Provide on-the-job Training to meet Competency Based Training programs for UAE Nationalization.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
· Contribute to the identification of areas and opportunities for continuous improvement in the operating procedures and functional processes.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
· Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and CLIENT Code of Practices.
· Participate in Emergency Response duties as a team member.
· Maintain the work environment clean and tidy before, during operations, in line with established standards of Hygiene and Housekeeping.
· Provide inputs to prepare Section progress reports for Company Management.
· Prepare various Key Performance Indicator (KPI) checklists for management.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
· Maintains good interpersonal communications within departments with fellow employees in line with company’s policies
· Maintain good communications on PABX telephone switchboard with all to and fro callers from other Offshore and Onshore locations in line with company’s policies
· Completion of Secondary School (12 years) plus two years technical studies or two years certificate after Secondary High School.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
· 5 years’ experience in petrochemical oil industry is an advantage.
· Certificate of proficiency in maritime Radio/Telephony.
· Good knowledge of Spoken and Written English.
· GMDSS OPERATORS CERTIFICATE DULY RECOGNIZED BY DEPARTMENT OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS / SHIPPING
· Good knowledge of Basic computer operations with MS Excel program
· Knowledge of handling Microsoft Outlook
· Knowledge of handling PABX Telephone switchboard and Fax Machine
· Act proactively for given situations and requirements
· Capable of handling work pressure and strenuous situations
· Good co-ordination and interpersonal communications skills with all concerned in timely manner
· Capable of taking timely decisions to avoid untoward situations and incidents especially for boat movements for wellhead passengers keeping weather conditions in mind.
Physical Effort : Minimal
- Business Process Improvement
- Drilling Operations