Provides expert reservoirs engineering input to multidisciplinary projects including field development planning, reservoir performance analyses and reservoir estimation of production / injection capacities. Leads reservoir management studies, performance review and optimization using appropriate techniques.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 1)
• Caries out all aspect of reservoir management activities including field development, performance evaluation, reservoir & asset evaluation, well prognosis, and supervises the integration between fields.
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 2)
Job Specific Accountabilities (Part 3)
• Identifies, justifies, develops the implement of workflow to evaluate and manage the field in line with industry best practices. Uses advanced reservoir engineering techniques and integrate dynamic & static data to identify field movement and implement optimization plans to maximize profitable recovery.
• Governs field’s production and injection capacities according to company objective guidelines along with drilling workover schedules and identify mitigations in case of shortfalls.
• Identifies workflows to carry out pattern balancing and ensures efficient production and injection process.
• Designs and leads effort to improve well sector and full field development performance review.
• Designs and leads the implementation of the project surveillance programs including pressure transient surveys, tracer surveys, interference testing, observation well placement and cased hole logging programs.
• Provide expertise to identify and support reservoir engineering studies using apocopate techniques which may include reservoir simulation, material balance, decline curve analysis.
Generic Accountabilities (continue)
Internal Communications & Working Relationships
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
• Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
• Provide input for preparation of the functional budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
• Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the Section’s / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
• Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the function in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
• Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
• Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best Industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
• Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and CLIENT Code of Practices.
• Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Management.
Contact with line Manager/ peers and other employees within the company/Group as required
External Communications & Working Relationships
Contact with external parties including consultants, third party service providers, and government agencies as required
Bachelor Degree Reservoir/Petroleum/Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum Experience, Knowledge & Skills
8 years of experience in reservoir engineering including oil and gas fields’ development management and Full Field simulation studies (use of hardware & software models).
Revenues/ Budget: As per approved financial budget
Direct Reports: As per organization chart
Indirect Reports: As per organization chart
Work Condition, Physical effort & Work Environment
A/C environment, could be exposed to the prevailing weather conditions like heat, humidity & dust during occasional site visits.
- Business Process Improvement
- Chemical Engineering
- Development Management
- Development Planning