What is a Cookie ?
Do I need them to use the site ?
In order to use Oilandgasjobsearch.com fully, you need to have cookies enabled. If you do not wish to enable cookies, you can still browse the jobs but you will be unable to apply for any that you find. Most web browsers have cookies enabled, but see 'Managing Cookies' for help to turn them on should you need to.
Are they safe ?
Cookies can't harm your computer in any way. We only use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the site.
Why are you telling me about cookies ?
We are giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.
In order to fully utilise Oilandgasjobsearch.com on your computer, tablet or mobile device you will need to accept cookies. You can only acccess certain features by using them.
The cookies that we use do not store any identifiable or sensitive information such as names or addresses. Once you sign into the website your information is asscociated with a number. It is this number that is held in our cookies.
Here is a list of the Cookies that are used on Oilandgasjobsearch.com and what we use them for.
If cookies are not enabled on your computer, it will mean that your experience on Oilandgasjobsearch.com. will be limited to browsing jobs. You will not be able to apply for jobs or stay logged in.
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'settings'
- At the bottom click 'show advanced settings', locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
- Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet options' , then click on the 'Privacy' tab
- Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
- Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
- Click on 'Explorer' at the top of your browser window and select 'Preferences' options
- Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving Files
- Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
- Click on 'Safari' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
- Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
- Click on 'Mozilla' or 'Netscape' at the top of your browser window and select the 'Preferences' option
- Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security'
- Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
- Click on 'Menu' at the top of your browser window and select 'Settings'
- Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab - Then select 'Accept cookies' option
All other browsers
Please refer to the help files on your browser.