Our client, a small but growing company providing highly specialised services to the Oil & Gas Industry Worldwide are looking for an Operations Manager/Consultant (Wireline).
Established in 2003, the Company have operated in over 30 countries for over 40 clients, large and small.
**** PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU CURRENTLY HOLD THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE EU/UK. OUR CLIENT IS NOT ABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS SPECIFIC POSITION AT THIS TIME ****
The Company have now reached a point where they require an Operations Manager to take control of the day-to-day aspects of running the business. A primary duty of this role would be to coordinate the activities of around 20 high level consultants who work for the company on an adhoc basis. The company ethos is such that it places a primary focus on providing an excellent work/life balance for their consultants, each choosing how much or how little to work and, therefore, the work is apportioned by invitation not by command. The Operations Manager would therefore need to put this ethos at the forefront of their mind when planning operations, whilst ensuring that client’s expectations are being exceeded.
The ideal candidate should have:
- An extensive background as a wireline engineer (not operator) from a major wireline logging service company (ideally 8-10yrs)
- A Degree in Geology or Physics or similar
The key duties would include:
- Coordinating the activities of 20 consultants working in various locations around the world.
- Liaising with Gaia clients to generate the master look ahead of jobs.
- Monitoring client rig look ahead’s on a daily basis.
- Updating the master look ahead on a daily basis.
- Assigning consultants to jobs.
- Issuing service requests.
- Attending client meetings as required.
- Reviewing the consutlants’ reports for consistency and quality.
- Reviewing and updating the website as required.
This position can be operated from home, however there is a requirement to be based in the UK. This can be anywhere in the UK, but the ideal candidate will be based in or around the Aberdeen area. There is also the option of running this role in parallel with that of a consultant position, should this suit an individual better, whilst a part time option may be considered also.
The position would suit an individual who has a solid background in wireline activities, but is now looking for a flexible position that can be operated from home. It may also suit an individual who has taken early retirement, but whom is interested in ‘keeping their eye in’.