Senior Energy Supply Standards Policy & Compliance Consultant Job in CO - Denver, US, 80202, United States
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo
Are you looking for an exciting job where you can put your skills, talents and education to work at a company you can feel proud to be a part of? Do you want a workplace that will challenge you and offer you opportunities to learn and grow? A professional position at Xcel Energy could be just what youre looking for.
Xcel Energy is looking to fill a Senior Energy Supply Standards Policy & Compliance Consultant to join our team! This position may be filled in the following locations:
- Denver, CO
- Minneapolis, MN
- Amarillo, TX
This position is responsible for providing project management, direction, and leadership as it relates to Regulatory Compliance and Service Policy for the Energy Supply organization. This will include management of various regulatory compliance programs within Energy Supply including compliance with NERC standards, federal requirements, tariff requirements, and state regulatory requirements. Responsible for the integration of business processes with the overall corporate compliance program and coordination with the corporate compliance officer.
- Direction of the overall Energy Supply Compliance Program. This will include all federal, state, applicable regulatory bodies (e.g. NERC, WECC, MISO, SPP etc.) and contractual compliance filing and data responsibilities for Energy Supply. This will entail project direction responsibility to establish and implement the plan across the organization.
- Development and maintenance of policies and procedures to facilitate compliance with applicable requirements. Review and maintenance of required documentation and supporting materials. Oversight of internal processes to ensure compliance and associated reporting.
- Direction of the NERC/FERC reliability standards program and coordination of the overall audit process for the regulators for Energy Supply. This effort will entail some project direction to establish and implement the updated NERC/FERC policies process across the organization.
- Coordination of Energy Supply positions on standards development process at NERC, FERC and RTOs. Liaison to other internal business units and external workgroups.
- Key liaison with the Compliance Governance process as it relates to overall company compliance standard implementation (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley).
- Other duties as necessary including: training development, personnel management, systems development, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred; combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge will be considered.
- Knowledge of current NERC CIP requirements and regulations.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in power generation or equivalent industrial power and/or equipment OEM operations and maintenance processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of generating facility operations and maintenance processes, with expertise in process control, electrical, turbine-generator/rotating equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated large project management skills, and ability to process large quantities of information.
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If youre ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis; TX - Amarillo || United States (US) || Operations || 31243:ES Tech Compliance || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 10509
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at <email address removed>
Similar Job Searches
- Senior Energy Supply Standards Policy Compliance Consultant Job
- Senior Energy Supply Standards Policy Compliance Consultant Job in United States of America
- Oil and Gas jobs in United States of America
- Senior Consultant
- Energy Consultant
- Energy Job
- Senior Energy
- Senior Job
- Senior Compliance
- Energy Supply
- Consultant Senior
- Job Consultant
- Consultant Job