LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 18266
Reporting to the team leader, vendor attest, you will provide financial insight to commercial agreements and vendor billing in order to maximize their value during execution. You will use your expertise to develop recommendations for our management teams to improve controls and efficiency.
- Perform attestation and assessments to commercial contracts to test risk and to determine if vendor audits are required
- Analyze large amounts of data to identify problems and discrepancies and raise issues accordingly
- Highlight specific control weaknesses and occurrences of contract non-compliance and provide independent recommendations for improvement in controls and processes
- Support the overall planning, execution, and reporting of vendor contract compliance audits and controls assessments in accordance with professional standards and a risk-based approach
- Manage our resources, tools, and technology to support the execution of audits while handling sensitive information and upholding confidentiality requirements
- Balance a high volume of requests and execute work with a sense of urgency and strong attention to detail
- Assist our team in executing and performing vendor audits when required
- Build reports and present the audit, assessment, and attest results to our internal managers
Experience and Education:
- Minimum two years of experience with the administration and compliance of contracts
- Experience working in the oil and gas industry is preferred
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong understanding of audit process and experience in its practical application
- Strong software knowledge and adaptability with expertise in Microsoft Excel and SAP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey difficult messages to a wide variety of audiences in a professional manner
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, to understand not just what you do but why you do it
- You constantly ask what could go wrong and check for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learn to anticipate potential problems
- This position is based in Calgary, Alberta at the Suncor Energy Centre with a Monday to Friday work schedule
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Suncor is committed to accessibility and accommodations will be provided to applicants upon request. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at <web address removed> and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
Similar Job Searches
- Analyst Vendor Attest
- Analyst Vendor Attest in Calgary
- Analyst Vendor Attest in Calgary (Div. 6)
- Analyst Vendor Attest in Alberta
- Analyst Vendor Attest in Canada
- Oil and Gas jobs in Calgary
- Oil and Gas jobs in Calgary (Div. 6)
- Oil and Gas jobs in Alberta
- Oil and Gas jobs in Canada