Click here for more Training & Competency Supervisor jobs
The Training and Competency Supervisor is responsible to support our clients team with drilling contractors expertise and provide full support including business and technical solutions.
You will be required to have:
- Strong understanding of drilling contractors requirements
- Strong knowledge and understanding of competency programs in the drilling industry
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marine requirements and regulations, STCW, ISM, IMO etc…
- Knowledge of drilling and marine equipment’s
- Be able to set up specific targets and goals for the region & review KPI’s on a regular basis
- Develop and implement action plans to improve the compliance with Regional KPI’s
- Strong knowledge in Master training matrix requirement and technical training matrix
- Knowledge on Learning management system
- Knowledge on Skills XP or equivalent training & competency software
- Be able to audit and perform training analysis on drilling contractors and operators
- Participate to meetings with drilling contractors and operators and propose solutions business driven
- Strong knowledge on HSE requirements Offshore
- Be able to build a competency management system for drilling contractors
- Be able to implement an action plan, identify and deploy assessment team on New Builds and existing drilling rigs (operating rigs)
- Be able to identify and describe each position working on a drilling rig including DP
- Chairs meeting with the Management on Training and Competency issues.
- Report monthly progress to the management.
- Support operations manager as required
Successful applicants must have the following attributes:
- Minimum of 5 years experience working off-shore in HSE/Training/Drilling department
- Have been exposed minimum 6 months as Training Supervisor to New Builds shipyard training & competency
- Have been supervising minimum one full implementation of drilling competency programs offshore
- Have been supervising competency assessments and individual development plan implementation / follow up in the drilling industry
- Have been supervising training client acceptance test
- Have been supervising implementation of training programs in the drilling industry
- Have been working internationally
- Strong motivation.
- Good and easy communication skills in English.
- Diplomacy, tact and excellent social skills
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to details
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Data Base software
- There will be an initial six month period in Houston USA, then based in Perth and working between Perth and Site for the duration of the project.