Pre-Employment Testing Required
This Operations and Mechanical (O&M) position requires pre-employment testing. After you apply to this position you will receive an email to complete the Phase 1 Online Assessment. In order to be consider for this position, candidates must complete one of the listed action items below pior to the close of the requisition. Candidates who do not complete the assessment or map their test results to this application by the requisition close date will be disqualified for consideration for this open position. Must be enrolled as a current student at Lamar Institute of Technology or Lamar State College - Orange.
NEW CANDIDATE - (NO test results on file): MUST complete the Phase 1 Assessment before the close of the requisition. Candidates who complete the assessment after the requisition close date will not be considered for this position.
RETURNING CANDIDATE - (Exisiting test results on file): DO NOT HAVE to re-test but you MUST click the test link in order to map your test scores to this application. Failure to map your test scores will result in your being disquailified for consideration for this open position.
REQUISITION CLOSE DATE: Friday, November 24, 2017 @ 11:59 PM Central Standard Time
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation, monitoring, and maintenance preparation of processing units and related facilities. Presently attending Lamar Institute of Technology or Lamar State College Orange. Beaumont, Texas.
- Primary process contact for their unit. Understands process flow, basic chemistry associated with unit, major line-ups, and all unit safety equipment, including isolation points. Reviews computer data and computer generated schematics to ensure process is optimized.
- Physically inspects and monitors equipment and/or the work area using vision, hearing, smell, and touch, to ensure correct operation.
- Learns personnel and process safety risks associated with operating unit.
- Performs gas testing as necessary to ensure Operating area is safe to allow for specific maintenance activities to be performed.
- Process monitoring activities include checking pH, taking product samples, catalyst degradation, differential pressure, chemical injection rates, checking for leaks, freezing, overheating, etc.
- Performs 'visual maintenance' by checking critical performance parameters such as temperature, pressure, level, flow rate, and/or vibration to ensure all equipment is operating within its defined operating envelope.
- Adjusts local process parameters (temperature, pressure, etc.) to maintain product specifications within their optimal operating window.
- Checks control valve positions to ensure valves are correctly positioned.
- Visually inspects flame pattern, header pressure, and fuel gas consumption in furnaces, identify hot spots and other problems in furnace.
- Performs basic equipment maintenance (adding lube oil, water, tightening valve packing, changing filters and steam traps, clearing equipment, etc.).
- Communicates with console supervisor to remain informed of existing process conditions and relate any changes made or needed.
- Performs winterization and summarization of equipment for maximum equipment efficiencies.
- Monitors field equipment using electronic test equipment including hand held monitors and computer monitoring equipment.
- Inspects safety valves, fire extinguishers, fire hoses, breathing apparatus, and other safety equipment.
- Must currently attend LIT or LSCO
- Process Operator Technician ASA degree (in last semester preferred) No specific experience, or certifications are required.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Similar Job Searches
- Co op Operator Technician
- Co op Operator Technician in Beaumont, Texas
- Co op Operator Technician in Jefferson County, Texas
- Co op Operator Technician in Texas
- Co op Operator Technician in West, United States
- Oil and Gas jobs in Beaumont, Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in Jefferson County, Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in West, United States
- Operator Technician
- Technician Operator