United Utilities is one of the largest water and sewerage companies in England; both in terms of population and geographical spread. As a result, C2V+ is getting the opportunity to deliver a varied portfolio of work that encompasses Water and Wastewater treatment plant upgrades and improvement works to both the wastewater collection and potable water distribution systems.The capital value of the delivery projects covers a wide range; some are in the £40m+ bracket through to those at around the £1m.
We are looking for staff who delight in developing multi-disciplinary detailed design solutions with the construction team and enjoy working in the fast moving pace of the design-and-construct arena.
The candidate will be reporting to the United Utilities Design Manager and Water Europe BIM Technical Leader.
Responsible for the CAD/BIM deliverables for the United Utilities CDP within which typical tasks will include:
- Review deliverable work.
- Ensure all conformance with CH2M standards and UU requirements.
- Ensure deadlines are met and communicate to the team and wider community of any problems.
- Participate in local and regional CAD/BIM groups.
- Able to co-ordinate work across offices and regions internationally.
- Be reliable and accountable for deliverables.
- Perform Quality Control checks to ensure deliverables meet requirements and record these on the checklists
- Serve as mentor for less experienced technicians.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
The ideal candidate should:
- Have proven experience of delivering design work for a water and waste water company.
- Have extensive experience of producing 3D Structural models and associated design drawings and deliverables.
- Be proficient in discipline specific design authoring packages. In particular one of:
- Bentley Microstation,
- Bentley AECOsim,
- Or equivalent software.
- Have excellent 3D modelling skills with a solid understanding of the tools available, their uses and limitations.
- Have a knowledge of interoperability of geometry between design authoring packages and have a basic understanding of the workflows required to bring models from one system to another.
- Have experience in working with an Electronic Document Management System
- Be active in seeking assistance
- Be constantly looking to develop ones skills and knowledge in line with the local and regional aspirations. Proactive in advancing workflows, systems and tools within their own discipline; embraces emerging technologies.
- Experience in working within CAD teams and distributed work share.
- Proven experience of working successfully in a multi-disciplined organisation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
- Motivated and enthused member of the team.
- Proven experience of coordination and delivery to deadline and evidence of problem resolution in the process.
- Proven experience of producing accurate technical outputs.
Our Culture: Safety & health conscious, flexible working conditions, collaborative & friendly with regular social activities. Were full of initiatives for creating a diverse and interesting place for professionals to work, as well as individuals wanting to advance their career. We support and encourage our people to go through their professional qualifications. To get ahead we also have our JUMP network for aspiring junior to mid-level CH2Mers.
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner Engineers without Borders, Water for People and Bridges to Prosperity. Were STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own womens engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
Similar Job Searches
- Structural Water Design Technician (BIM) Warrington UK
- Structural Water Design Technician (BIM) Warrington UK in Warrington
- Structural Water Design Technician (BIM) Warrington UK in Cheshire
- Structural Water Design Technician (BIM) Warrington UK in North West
- Structural Water Design Technician (BIM) Warrington UK in England, United Kingdom
- Oil and Gas jobs in Warrington
- Oil and Gas jobs in Cheshire
- Oil and Gas jobs in North West
- Oil and Gas jobs in England, United Kingdom
- Structural Design
- Design Structural
- Structural Technician
- Design Technician
- UK Technician
- Technician UK