This is a senior position on a long term contract basis working directly for the operator.
Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountabilities for HSSE, all employees are accountable for ensuring that they take care of themselves and adopt exemplary safe behaviours.
The Structural Engineer reports to the Engineering Manager.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
* Ensure the structural and foundations design inputs to the BOD are up to date and being implemented during FEED and detailed design.
* Participate in the EPCI tender process including development of the EPCI scope, and input to the tender evaluation and clarification activities.
* Discipline review of design deliverables.
* Participate in safety activities.
* Be a pro-active member of the Project Team contributing to make the BLP project a success.
* Liaise with Operations to ensure that maintainability issues are addressed in the design phase.
* Work with BLP Contractors' Interface Engineers to ensure that internal interfaces between topsides, jacket and bridge are controlled.
* Perform cross-checks on contractor structural design, foundations design and weight control deliverables.
* Oversee the installation engineering and planning activities to ensure that appropriate plans and installation methodologies are being developed and are properly included in the overall project execution plan.
* Ensuring that the project contractors execute the structural design, construction and installation of the BLP and its components in a safe manner, timely, and cost effectively, all in accordance with the Project Basis of Design and International Standards.
* Decisions that can be made by the Structural engineer relate to the Compliance with the BLP Design Basis and the design standards that are used on the project.
* The need to raise a contract instruction or management of change will be taken in consultation with the BLP Engineering Manager.
* Degree and preferably chartered
* Multiple project structural analysis, design and execute experience essential.
* Implementation of international structural standards.
* Working with certifying and verification bodies.
* Experience of offshore platform installation activities.
* Knowledge of structural fabrication and construction practice with ability to judge progress being made against plan.
* Ability to find and communicate to contractors, in a proactive way, solutions that meet project contract requirements.
* Commenting on documents and drawings in a concrete manner that identifies non compliances and errors.
* Ability to read and comment on standard structural engineering drawings.
* Good understanding of interacting disciplines.
* Has good working knowledge of basic business principles (finance, commercial, etc).
* Specialist Knowledge: Structural analysis and design knowledge related to specification and engineering structures for oil and gas field development applications specific for UKCS North sea environment.
* Thorough knowledge of structural analysis software.
* High competence in English, written and spoken.
* Self motivated, positive attitude to work and work colleagues.
* Ability to plan in advance and see what will be needed in 1 month to 12 months ahead.
* Ability to accurately document and write up minutes of meetings and site reports and keep records of what has been done.
* Experience of working with other cultures and personnel to achieve positive outcomes.