Chevron Canada Limited (upstream) is celebrating its 75th anniversary in Canada. Since our arrival in Alberta in 1938, our company has established a proud legacy of exploration success, innovation and growth. And throughout this time, we have continued to support the communities where we live and work. After 75 years of operations in Canada, we are looking forward to the future with optimism, as we pursue our vision to profitably grow our core assets and position Chevron for future legacy assets in frontier regions and emerging unconventional resource plays.
Chevron Canada Limited has recently acquired a 50 percent interest in the proposed Kitimat LNG project in British Columbia, including upstream interests in the Horn River and Liard basins. Chevron will operate the downstream scope, including the design and construction of the proposed two train 10MMTPA LNG liquefaction and marine export facility at Kitimat, and the proposed 463 km Pacific Trail Pipelines project from Summit Lake to Kitimat. Site clearance for the LNG facility is underway, and FEED work on the LNG facility and pipeline is proceeding.
This position supports all pre-Operations maintenance planning to ensure safe, reliable operation and maintenance of the Kitimat LNG Plant.
It is anticipated that this position will transition to a back-to-back rotational / residential Asset and Integrity Lead role in Kitimat, BC Canada in support of the execution of pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, performance testing, and ultimate handover of the completed facilities to the CBU LNG. The position will work closely with the CBU LNG representatives.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Rotating Equipment Specialist - Kitimat LNG located in Calgary, AB through Oct 18, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
- Interface with the Project team and EPC Contractor in selecting and approving equipment drivers and ancillary systems
- Support Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) and equipment criticality
- Participate in HES studies
- Provide input into FEED, detailed designs and planning for Phase 5 operations and support the development of the Phase 5 maintenance plan including condition monitoring and equipment preservation
- Provide daily support to activities related to the Mechanical Maintenance of Utilities and Processes for all types of rotating equipment including but not limited to: Gas Turbine Drivers and Compression and Steam Turbine Generators
- Participate in Vendor meetings and subsequent testing including Factory Acceptance, Site Acceptance and Performance Testings
- Ensure compliance with applicable Chevron and industry standards.
- B.Eng is preferred however equivalent years of experience will be considered
- Minimum 10 years of experience in operations and application of maintenance best practices and cost analysis to improve overall maintenance, monitoring and reliability
- Previous LNG / Gas Plant Experience (LNG / cryogenic plant) experience is preferred
- Preference for Reliability Process and Rotating Equipment experience with following list of equipment and processes: cryogenic process, fractionation, large gas turbine drive compressors, steam generation, nitrogen systems, power generation, high voltage power distribution systems, fuel gas systems, flare systems and storage and loading systems
- In depth knowledge of rotating equipment condition monitoring and maintenance required
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate driver types, components and ancillary systems and perform simulations and sensitivity scenarios, as well as equipment criticality studies, spare parts analysis based on Vendor recommendations considering criticality, lead-time and costs.
- Knowledge and application of Chevron Engineering Standards (CES) and industry standards to meet operating conditions for the lifecycle of the facility
- Experience supporting operations and maintenance process and procedure development on major capital projects.
- Knowledge of leading project management processes and tools. Preference for knowledge of Chevron’s PM.
- Demonstrated commitment to behavioral based safety programs and ensuring incident and injury free working conditions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a global, multi-disciplinary team with superior problem solving skills
- Proven ability to analyze and understand complex situations quickly and develop practical, appropriate solutions to resolve high impact technical/business/process issues.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing work priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work with multiple deadlines.
- Travel will be required to Kitimat, BC; Houston, TX and EPC and Vendor sites including possible term assignments in international locations
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.