Company description:Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.
- Accountable for the near term (1-3 year) regional margin generation and participates in optimization together with product management and marketing team
- Co-leads the Americas cross-functional tactical team to lead activities such as pricing, product mix changes, inventory and volume management, customer marketing initiatives
- Guides the account executives in developing a robust customer value proposition and product marketing support
- Accountable for the implementation and execution of the PE commercial strategy, during pre-marketing and post start-up market positions
- Is responsible for setting and guiding price/volume targets in sales negotiations
- Understands value drivers and margin economics in PE markets to drive optimization
- Sets commercial discipline for the collection and application of market intelligence, including identifying and tracking leading indicators and market trends and collecting sales and customer service insights
- Works with finance to validate and improve data and its accessibility for the commercial team
- Continuously improves sales operations processes such as railcar detention, accounts receivables, supply/demand management, forecasting, communications, etc.
- Provides commercial support for broad range of start-up needs
- Develops customer/volume strategy for turnarounds
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis.
- Technical or Business Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience in commercial/operations roles in petrochemicals industry.
- Previous Polyethylene commercial experience required.
- Strong commercial acumen and experience in B2B environment required.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills required.
- Preferably proven track record in navigating dynamic market or business environment vs. run/maintain.
Disclaimer:Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell/Motiva participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Similar Job Searches
- Product Manager Polyethylene Houston TX
- Product Manager Polyethylene Houston TX in Woodcreek, Texas
- Product Manager Polyethylene Houston TX in Hays County, Texas
- Product Manager Polyethylene Houston TX in Texas
- Product Manager Polyethylene Houston TX in West, United States
- Oil and Gas jobs in Woodcreek, Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in Hays County, Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in West, United States
- Product Manager
- Manager Product
- Houston, TX
- Manager TX