Wood is currently seeking an Area Manager: Operations, for a PROPOSAL / BID, based in Muscat, Oman, who will lead an Area of the refinery operations, to deliver Safe, Efficient and Environmentally Compliant Operations.
In this role you will have between 6 – 10 direct reports with a total population of 70 – 100 employees. The Area Manager, Operations is required to lead one of the four operating areas to ensure Safe and Efficient delivery of the Operating Plan.
- Ensures a professional working environment that delivers TRIP to all employees at all times
- Ensures that all team members are adequately trained and certified at all times
- Must be committed to the success and development of all of the department employees
- Member of the Operations Leadership Team committed to supporting other department Area Managers and the business to deliver the maximum value from refinery operations
- BSc/BEng in Engineering – professional certification preferred
- Minimum 15 years of experience, including minimum 5 years in an operations leadership role
- Demonstrated leadership impact to deliver improved and sustained performance
- Proven experience with Personal and Process Safety Management
- Refinery commissioning and start-up
- Proven experience in managing refinery emergencies
- English Language – strong communication, verbal and written skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
<web address removed>