Brunel Energy currently requires a Planning Engineer for the client based in Houston, Texas
- Implement and utilize the standard tools and processes. Develop network logic to support integrated schedules
- Develop Project Milestones and Progress tracking baselines
- Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas. Implement and maintain the status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project sub-element managers
- Support the development of the Work Breakdown Structure to support delivery of assigned projects
- Contribute to the translation of the project’s risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates. Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption
- Integrate data from and engineering/construction contractors to prepare monthly project reports
- Liase with and challenge Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers
- Ensure Subcontractor compliance with established scheduling methodology and manage Subcontractor performance
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimise the plan(s)
- Develop contract key dates, milestones and plan dates that align with the overall project schedule. Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations. Develop contract sections for planning and progress reporting. Review and verify contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities
- Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Planning Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience in planning positions.
- Good written and oral communications.
- Working experience with Primavera 6.0 is required
- Working experience in upstream Project Services organization.
- Must have a “Team attitude”, be self-motivated and be willing to support other groups and projects when required.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment among multiple projects and ability to support ad-hoc requests.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles. PMP certification is desirable, but not required.