Location: Surrey UK
Role Overview: Senior Production Engineer – Well Intervention
Indicative Rate: Attractive Salary Package
As part of the Technical Assurance Team reporting to the Chief Production Engineer, responsible for assurance of well intervention in new developments and mature assets and in the assessment of status of wells and the upside potential gain from well intervention in new business opportunities. Providing peer assist and direct operational support promoting technical excellence and safe practice in optimising well intervention in existing operations and recommending well interventions such as workover, stimulation or treatment of wells in new operations. Advising on well intervention methods monitoring and optimisation of well intervention programmes, procedures and operations, competence and resource requirements, review of performance and competence assessment of those supervising and performing well interventions.
Working from the Technical Centre but including often extended visits to operational sites around the world, with particular focus on production gains from all and any type of well intervention,(not limited to full rig workover, HWO, coiled tubing operations, well clean-out, acid and other well treatments, stimulation including fracturing, sand control, perforation and re-perforation, mechanical repair, valve installations and replacement, wireline and logging operations):
- Assess the need for, make recommendations on well intervention requirements and advise on the implementation of well intervention programmes, processes, tools and procedures.
- Provide advice, review and direct operational support to asset and operational teams, both in mature assets and set up of new operations teams in:
- Installation and set up of well intervention systems and infrastructure to all necessary well interventions of all types.
- Advise on technical requirements, systems, supervision and procedures for well interventions and monitoring and optimisation of performance of well intervention operations. Advise on local expertise requirements and assess candidates.
- Assisting designing, planning and implementation of well intervention operations and campaigns.
- Troubleshooting well intervention problems, whether due to design, installation, mechanical failure, well integrity, flow assurance, corrosion/erosion, well performance, or mal-operation.
- Assessment and analysis of results of well intervention operations and well treatments and reviews of well intervention and treatment performance, requirements and practices.
- Competence assessment and mentoring of staff responsible for planning, supervising, and conducting well intervention in assets.
- Transfer of best practice for safe well monitoring, assessment, maintenance and intervention.
- Act as the Expert in well intervention. Be part of the Technical Assurance Team.
- Demonstrate safety leadership. Advise on safe working practice, conduct and take part in safety reviews.
- Provide technical assurance on well intervention requirements and existing system issues on all significant new business and existing asset investment opportunities
- Degree level qualifications in Engineering or related relevant discipline.
- Internationally mobile.
- At least 15 years experience in international Oil and Gas upstream operations, including at least 5 years direct completions, well intervention, stimulation, well treatment or other relevant well service design and operations experience and substantial experience supervising or managing such operations.
- Intimate knowledge of international regulations and standards and good oilfield practice as it relates to well intervention.
- Experience of setting up and conducting well intervention activities and/or advising on well intervention design, operations and assessment.
- Knowledge and experience of all types of well intervention.
- Good people skills in disparate environments.
- Able to demonstrate safety leadership.
Please register and apply online for this role or for more information email <email address removed>
Deep Water Recruitment is acting as a Recruitment Agency for this Role.