Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the worlds leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Process Engineer at our Vancouver, BC office. Reporting to the Process Engineering Department Manager, this role has overall responsibility to manage and execute the delivery of best practice process plant designs and associated services in designated studies and projects in line with Woods organizational objectives and client requirements. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing technical leadership and expertise within the Process Group
- Collaborating with Consulting Managers and Process Engineering Manager to determine the technical approach for process studies at the proposal and study design stages
- Ensuring that the Process Group maintains a leading edge technical capability through the development of people, designs, industry contacts, new technologies and innovative practices
- Ensuring that all process designs meet recommended safety standards through the use of Woods appropriate risk assessment tools such as HAZOPs and risk reviews
- Liaising with industry professionals, vendors and professional organizations to maintain a knowledge of technical advancements and how these might be applied in Wood to improve client services and products
- Ensuring efficient and continuous information flow to team members and other engineering functional groups within projects to maximize output
- Providing technical guidance and advice to other functional departments and the wider organization where required
- Assisting the Business Development team in identifying business opportunities, preparing high caliber proposals and participating in client meetings
- Identifying and managing continuous improvement activities within the department including the maintenance of company standards and procedures
- Assisting the Process Engineering Manager with the development of technical warrantees and risk management activities
- Providing mentorship and guidance to less experienced team members and assist in their professional development
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgical Engineering or related discipline
- A minimum of 15 years experience in mine site extractive metallurgy with at least 6 years experience in a projects environment
- Registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer in British Columbia
- In depth technical knowledge of process plant design and operation with the ability to deliver best practice plant design
- Experience in base and precious metals concentrators required, with broad experience in other commodities advantageous
- Experience in estimating capital and operating costs for metallurgical processes is desirable
- Understanding of common international standards and regulatory authority requirements in the mining and minerals processing sector would be considered an asset
- Good commercial awareness/risk management knowledge would be considered an asset
- Well-developed analytical, numerical skills and computer skills with proven knowledge of databases and spreadsheets
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver presentations and reports
- An understanding of strategic and change management, and the ability to participate in these processes
- Effective leadership, negotiation and influencing skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
<web address removed>
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.