Management of all aspects deliverables on engineering, construction supervision, construction and commissioning for a Coal-fired Power Plant EPC project.
- Performs commercial and technical management of coal based power generation projects in both Engineering Consultancy and Owners engineer role for various projects in different states of the Philippines.
- Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the program, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria.
- Assigns responsibility to executing project plans for key subordinates and assesses how to utilize their qualifications and strengths.
- Promotes technical excellence as well as the improvement of the Quality Improvement Process.
- Works with individual lead discipline engineer to develop budgets, schedules and plans for the various elements of a project.
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Responsible for the Profit and Loss of various projects being executed in different states of the Philippines.
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Works with individual lead discipline to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- Manage and maintain good client relationship.
- Must have fundamental knowledge and experience on power plant engineering principles and technologies based on fossil-fired power generation and specifically coal-fired power plant.
- Must have a good knowledge and experience on coal-fired combustion technologies, for example, circulating fluidized bed and pulverized coal.
- Must have experience in developing conceptual designs, project basis of design and feasibility studies, preparation of minimum technical specifications, tender dossiers for EPC. Review of EPC contractor submission.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from a reputable institution.
- Relevant qualifications in project management, engineering or related.
- 20+ years demonstrated project management experience with good track records in an EPC environment delivering international Power projects of size greater than USD 100 million within time and budget.
- Strong customer and team focus,
- Clear exhibited ability to develop good working relationships.
- Possesses good oral and written English skills required to function effectively within an international project team and to communicate with Project Management, Contractors and Sub-contractors.
- Ability to lead and direct others on construction projects.
- Innovation and flexibility to consider all possible solutions.
- Excellent level of initiative.