Based in Houston, our client is actively recruiting a Planning Engineer to join on a permanent basis. Salaries will be competitive and will be determined by level of experience.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send me a copy of your resume in WORD format to: <email address removed>
The successful candidate will be a member of a planning team responsible for the Front End Planning of projects worldwide. Required to work closely with the Operations teams to identify rig deficiencies or upgrade requirements in order to determine the project scope of work, together with estimated project cost and duration, which will be refined during the planning phase until detailed scope of work packages, cost breakdowns and schedules are completed.
Duties will include the following:
1. Conduct and organize rig inspections to help define project scope of work to meet project objectives.
2. Represents the company at conferences and on technical committees.
3. Develop / supervise /coordinate basic and detailed engineering and define the Project Scope of Work in accordance with the design criteria (as defined for the project), class rules, and governmental regulations, Company policies and standards.
4. Follow up and solve any outstanding or warranty issues with vendors
5. Track, coordinate and support technical queries with Engineering dept, vendors and contractors.
6. Interfaces and coordinate with Operations staff and others project discipline engineer. Attend / organize design review and operational meeting.
7. Prepare tender and issue RFQ to vendors to procure new equipment in accordance with Company policies. Negotiate with vendors and make recommendations and submit PO to management.
8. Prepare cost estimates and schedules.
9. Coordinate planning team, to ensure adherence to the stage gate process.
Ideal candidates will have a B.S. or equivalent in Engineering. Major in Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Ocean Engineering or Naval Architecture.
5-8 years’ work experience with shipyard or drilling contractor, marine contractor/engineer, consulting engineer.