Brunel Energy currently requires a Planning Engineer for their client based in Houston, Texas.
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for major, complex projects. Develop the list of plans required to execute the project and their hierarchy relationship. Drive, manage and ensure completeness of the development of the activities, logic, resources and progress for the integrated project schedule, leading to the creation of the baseline and its subsequent maintenance.
- Instigate, develop and police the planning and progress monitoring procedures to ensure that each element of the project performs the processes timely and consistently.
- Own the overall schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses. Develop status reporting framework and implement throughout the planning hierarchy. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project Management.
- Review scope change requests for the impact on schedules and the critical path of the project. Prepare reconciliation between earlier schedules and the current schedule. .Consolidate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and “What if scenarios” to aid project management decision-making.
- Liaise with and challenge Senior Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Contribute to the development of contract strategies documents. Ensure that all contract key dates and milestones align with the overall integrated plan. Evaluate bid schedules and review contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of the project’s risk profiles and translate these into the plans using deterministic and probabilistic analysis methods, as appropriate. Regularly track the schedule risk mitigation efforts, the criticality of the main paths to completion, float consumption and the release of the 50/50 schedule contingency.
- Implement, ensure compliance and utilize the company standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and conduct benchmarking activities.
- Deliver close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Planning Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 12 years industry experience in lead planning positions.
- Experience in managing small teams of junior personnel
- A high degree of skill in written and oral communications.
- Working experience with Primavera 6.0 is required
- Working experience in upstream Project Services organization.
- Must have a “Team attitude”, be self-motivated and be willing to support other groups and projects when required.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment among multiple projects and ability to support ad-hoc requests.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles. PMP certification is desirable, but not required