Click here for more Mechanical / Piping Superintendent - Mining - Kazakhstan jobs
$Competitive + package + 8/2 rotation
A leading mining company is currently seeking a Mechanical / Piping Superintendent to work on a large copper mining project in Eastern Kazakhstan.
The main duties for the role:
Provide oversight and guidance to the construction EPC contractor
Ensure the work is completed safely, on schedule and in accordance with the drawings and specifications.
Review schedules and procedures to ensure interdisciplinary coordination and timely completion of the work.
Ensure compliance with project policies regarding health, safety and environmental performance.
Monitor progress and provide reports and input to maintain the scheduled completion of activities.
Coordinate and communicate with other disciplines and functions to manage the work and provide assistance in resolving issues.
· Ensure that all activities comply with the project health, safety and environmental policies and procedures. Actively participate in HSE management and continuous improvement.
· Ensure the work is completed on schedule by monitoring progress and reviewing three week look-ahead schedules. Provide daily and monthly reports on progress and proactively manage schedule conflicts and schedule delays. Assist with developing mitigating plans where necessary. Review the contractor’s detailed work plans and schedules to ensure they will meet the schedule milestones.
· Ensure the work is completed in accordance with the design drawings and specifications. Working in conjunction with the QA and Site Engineering groups, monitor the quality of the work and assist in developing and implementing corrective actions where necessary. Review and monitor the construction contractor’s detailed work methods to ensure they will meet the QA/QC requirements. Participate in the development and monitoring of deficiency lists to ensure completion of all construction deficiencies.
· Ensure that all required construction contractor documentation (eg. work permits, as-built drawings, work procedures, etc.) is completed and maintained in accordance with the procedures.
· In conjunction with the Site Engineering group, assist with the resolution of technical or engineering issues.
· Manage and direct the Mechanical/Piping Supervisors to assist in all related duties.
· Provide off-shift coverage for other Superintendents and Supervisors.
· Minimum of 15 years progressive experience in construction management, with particular experience on mechanical and piping disciplines.
· Experience in the construction of mining process facilities. Copper mining preferred
· University degree is essential for via requirements.
· Work experience in a cold weather region is essential.
· Strong working knowledge of construction planning, construction methods, productivity analysis, quality assurance and HSE procedures in mechanical field.
· Demonstrated ability to manage subordinates and work with other disciplines and functions.
· International and/or multicultural experience.
· Provide mentoring to national staff.
FIFO single status only: 8 weeks on / 2 weeks off
Accommodation & meals provided on site